𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘: my answer is you

You wake up lying in the same bed with Yuzuru.

His arms are wrapped around your waist, face buried in the crook of your neck. You get up, trying not to wake him - then you feel the urge to throw up.

You rush to the bathroom, emptying the contents of your stomach into the toilet - and holy fuck, you feel absolutely horrible.

You don't even know who won last night at the drinking competition. You furrow your eyebrows trying to remember, wiping your lips with the toilet paper.

"Can we fall in love just for tonight?"

What?

Somehow, those are the only words you remember. You rack your brain to think of what could've possibly made you say that - you're confused, and searching for answers.

What did you do?

Flashbacks after flashbacks replay in your mind, the feeling of Yuzuru's lips on yours, your hands tangled in his hair, and the feeling of warmth blooming across your chest as he whispered sweet words into your ear.

You kissed your best friend. You crossed the line that was absolutely not meant to be crossed - the line that separated your friendship turning into something more.

As you throw up, once again, you can't stop thinking about it. There's a part of you that doesn't want you to just act like you forgot everything - what if you just... did want to be something more?

When you're finally done emptying out the contents of your stomach, you move to brush your teeth as a ache pangs in your head. You sigh, closing your eyes as you spit out the toothpaste into the sink, rinsing your mouth with water and then mouthwash.

You rinse your mouth quite a couple of times, considering how you'd just thrown up for maybe fifteen minutes. You feel absolutely horrible, and all you want to do is curl up into bed once again.

You and Yuzuru had actually scheduled today to be a day off, where he wouldn't be training and you two could walk around the city.

But after the events of last night, you can't help but wonder if things are going to get awkward.

You groan as you dig through your medicine back next to the sink for some Panadol, taking one of the pills and swallowing it in hopes for your headache to go away quickly. 

And when Yuzuru wakes up, feeling less warm than he was last night, he's immediately confused.

Last night replays back in his mind, and his cheeks tint a bright pink. He can still taste strawberry chapstick and beer, and when he notices that you're nowhere to be seen, he's concerned.

Did you leave? Did you forget what you said?

Because the moment your lips landed on his, the entire trajectory of your friendship had changed. The blurry line that separated friends and lovers between the two of you was completely erased, and now Yuzuru isn't even sure what to call you. His friend? His girlfriend?

"(Name)?" he calls out groggily, and you jump. You nervously peek out from the bathroom as you watch Yuzuru rub his eyes - an indicator that he's just woken up.

"Hey," you say, nervously rubbing the nape of your neck. Yuzuru can sense the nervousness and tension in the air, and now he's really wondering if you forgot all the events of last night.

Specifically, your confession and the kiss.

"You feeling okay?" he asks, and you shrug, a somewhat lopsided smile on your lips. "Bad headache."

The silence is a little too loud, and Yuzuru has never thought a moment with you would ever be this awkward. The events of last night are still fresh in his mind, and he ruffles his messy hair to get it out of his eyes.

You notice the way his lips pout ever so slightly, turned downwards into the tiniest frown. His eyebrows are knit together in concentration, and you don't know what he's thinking about - but you hope he's thinking of you.

You might as well, shouldn't you? Drunk you had already poured out your entire heart to Yuzuru, and you know the saying called 'drunk words are sober thoughts' all too well.

You gulp, darting your tongue out to wet your lips in nervousness. "Did I... do anything strange last night?"

Yuzuru's cheeks immediately flush pink. There's a somewhat dejected look in his eyes - so you really didn't remember? He should've expected this outcome, shouldn't he?

So what were you two going to be now? Yuzuru doesn't think he can act like nothing happened and go back to being just friends. He doesn't want to.

"I... um. No. You didn't." Yuzuru lies.

You can tell he's lying. You always can. Yuzuru doesn't even know why he bothered with lying when you can see right through him.

You move to sit next to him on the bed, and he awkwardly shifts aside to give you space. "Yuzu," you murmur.

"I remember it."

Yuzuru's heart thumps wildly against his chest, and his cheeks flush a brighter red. "You... you... do?"

"Yeah." you say. Nervousness builds up in your stomach, and you bite on your lower lip as you feel your hands getting clammy. "I... I just want you to know that I meant everything I said last night. I know this might change things between us - but I just really, really like you - love, even-"

Yuzuru kisses you before you can finish what you're saying.

He pulls away quickly, leaving you stunned. "You..."

"I love you too," he says. Courage courses through his veins, a small smile on his lips as he watches your expression intently. "I think I always have."

Nothing makes you happier than hearing those words.

You crash your lips onto his, hands tangling in his hair once again as he cups your cheeks. Your heart beats wildly in your chest, and so does Yuzuru's. All he feels is joy, just so much of it that he feels like he might explode.

He's always loved you. You've always loved him. And you can't believe how long it took for you both to finally confess - there's a part of you that thinks that it could've happened earlier, but as Yuzuru peppers your face with kisses, you believe that this is the perfect time.

You remember when Haruto asked you if there's a certain answer, as to what love is.

You're finally certain as to what your answer is.

"My answer is you," you murmur to Yuzuru. A lovesick smile spreads across his lips, and he kisses the corner of your lips as you giggle into the kiss.

Love is often times, unnecessarily complicated. But it should be easy, and that is what being in love with Yuzuru is like.

To you, love is Yuzuru Hanyu.

And you wouldn't have it any other way.

𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑'𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄!hi :) thank you all so much forreading winter falls! i'm so gratefulfor all the support on this fic !! i hopeyou enjoyed this story and thank u allonce again!! my next yuzuru fic (whichwon't be related to this fic) will be...

𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑'𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄!
hi :) thank you all so much for
reading winter falls! i'm so grateful
for all the support on this fic !! i hope
you enjoyed this story and thank u all
once again!! my next yuzuru fic (which
won't be related to this fic) will be
out soon so you can keep a lookout for
that !! much love to you all !!