𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍: third-wheeling

Surprisingly, you're not hungover.

Your head hurts just the tiniest bit, but it's nothing that you can't deal with. You wake up still in Yuzuru's arms, and you realise that he probably didn't go back to his room because he didn't want to disturb your sleep.

You look at the clock on the wall - it's 8, and you're supposed to meet with Haruto at 10. You lightly pat Yuzuru on the head to wake him up, and he stirs slightly before opening his eyes, squinting as the sunlight peeking from behind the curtains blinds him just a little bit.

"Morning," you say, smiling. He returns the gesture, and it takes him a few seconds to realise that you two are still basically cuddling, and his cheeks immediately heat up, red dusting the apples of his cheeks.

"I'm surprised you're not hungover," Yuzuru comments, and you laugh. "I didn't drink as much. I have a tiny headache though," you respond, and you get up from the couch.

Somehow, Yuzuru misses your warmth already.

"Do you want Panadol?" he asks groggily, getting up as well. You shake your head in response, telling him that you'll go brush your teeth and get dressed.

He nods, and he heads into his own room. He frowns at the sight of his unmade bed, forgetting that he had never returned to it after falling asleep by your side on the couch last night.

He neatly makes his bed, changing out of his home attire into the clothes he usually wears for skating practice - he figures that maybe after meeting up with Haruto he can sneak in some time to practice at the rink.

He throws on a jacket that he finds hanging on the closet door handle, and he walks towards the bathroom to brush his teeth and wash his face.

When he's done, he heads back to the living room, plopping himself down on the couch as he pulls out his phone and his favourite earphones (ones that you just so happened to had bought him), plugging the wire into the phone.

He sits patiently, listening to music as he waits for you to be ready. When you emerge from the corridor with a smile, your tote bag swinging from your shoulder, Yuzuru looks up and he swears he thinks you're the most beautiful person in the world.

His heart feels like it's about to leap out of his chest, his face is flushed almost bright red, and he has to tell himself to calm down. It is more than just a mere infatuation at this point - he is in love.

"Is there something wrong?"

Your words snap Yuzuru out of his trance. He doesn't even realise how he's been staring at you, completely mesmerised at your beauty - his stomach doing flips. "Nothing," he grins, regaining his composure.

"Let's go?" he asks, and you nod. He picks up his skating bag from the floor, and you raise an eyebrow at him questioningly. "You're going to practice after?"

"Yeah, I figured I'd sneak in some time, you know?" he responds, and you nod. "Does your ankle still hurt?" you ask as you open the front door, letting him leave the apartment before you. You insert the key into the slot, locking the door.

"Yeah. I'll take my painkillers soon." he responds, pressing the button for the lift. "Have you talked to Haruto before? Like... held a conversation?" you question, and Yuzuru grimaces.

"Eh. Kinda? He's quite dry with his answers, if I'm being honest." Yuzuru confesses, tapping his finger on the side of his lip. "I don't know. He doesn't seem to want to interact with me too much."

"I'm sure that's not true," you respond, and as the lift arrives, you two both enter. "Maybe you two just haven't gotten to know each other well enough yet."