Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine

"Umm... Scott seems to be over here a lot lately," Kourtney said as I placed her salad in front of her on the table.

"Yeah, I feel like lately he sees you more than we do," Kim said.

I mentally rolled my eyes.

"You guys are overreacting," I said.

"We're serious like I'm engaged to Travis you haven't attempted to talk to him much," Kourtney said.

I laughed.

"What do you want me to do? Get on his lap and make out with him because that's you and him do when I'm around how am I supposed to talk to him when his tongue is down your throat, Kourtney," I said as I started eating my salad.

"Keep the attitude in check, Kassie, we're just trying to have a conversation with you," Kim said.

"Your conversation sounds like you guys are trying to accuse me of being team Scott and anti Travis or something like I've always been cordial with Travis and Scott is around more because I'm also cool with Vanessa. I'm tired of you guys being bored in your lives and nitpicking everything that I do in my life and the relationships I have with people outside of our family," I told them.

Kim sighed.

"You're acting as if we can't ask questions or bring up our concerns and issues with you," Kim said.

"Because you can't especially when you try to do it to make me feel or look bad, Kimberly," I said.

"I don't want to fight — I was just trying to say if you would please try to be more cordial with Travis like you are with Scott and Vanessa, Kassie, this is the man I'm going to marry and he's going to be in my life for a long time and I want my baby sister and him to be nice with each other," Kourtney said.

"Okay, that's all you had to say. There was no need for you to bring up my relationship with Scott," I said.

"We don't know how to talk to you because you get so defensive, Kassie," Kourtney said.

I nodded.

"Sure, probably because I'm constantly attacked for any little thing I do so I'm in defense mode," I said.

Lavar and Tina walked in causing our conversation to pause because I wasn't about to be arguing with my sisters in front of my husband's parents.

"Hello, dad," I said as I hugged Lavar.

Then I smiled at Tina before giving her a hug as Lavar greeted my sisters. "Hello, mom," I said to Tina as she moved a piece hair from my face.

"You good?" Tina asked me.

I smiled.

"I'm always good," I answered.

"Okay, just checking so where are my grandchildren?" Tina asked me.

"Upstairs taking a nap," I said before I looked at the time. "They'll be waking up soon," I added.

"Oh, so we need to get them now so they can sleep through the car ride," Lavar said.

Lavar and Tina were taking all of their grandchildren for the weekend, it was now a tradition for them but Leovanni and Lourdes would be staying with them for a few extra days as Leandro and I would be attending the Met Gala and then going on vacation afterwards.

"Okay, have fun," I said.

I sat back down and once Lavar and Tina left the room, Kim started talking.

"Look how happy you are with them but you can't be like that with your family," Kim said.

"Nitpicking, Kim, you keep poking at a sleeping bear," I said in a warning tone.

Kim let out a bitter laugh.

"What you're going to beat me up, Kassie?" Kim asked.

I don't respond to her but I stare her down.

"Okay, Kim, stop it," Kourtney said, sternly.

"Whatever," Kim said.