Chapter Twenty-Two

Chapter Twenty-Two

Realizing that Kylie and Jordyn were right. Kassie and Leandro decided to take a much-needed tropical getaway.

So the couple jetted off to the paradisiacal island of Bali for a relaxing vacation.

As they lounged on the white sand beaches surrounded by lush palm trees, Kassie and Leandro found their conversation drifting towards Leandro's uncertain future with the Chicago Bulls.

Rumors had been swirling that he may be traded to another team, uprooting their family from their Chicago home.

Leandro tried to reassure Kassie that while nothing was guaranteed, he doubted he would be traded this season.

However, the unsettling thought lingered in Kassie's mind, as she craved stability and normalcy with their four rambunctious children.

The family had already endured Leandro's tumultuous NBA career forcing them to move from city to city.

Now all Kassie wanted was to plant roots in Chicago and provide a steady, peaceful environment for the kids.

While Leandro understood her concerns, he urged her to stay positive and appreciate their tropical getaway rather than worry about the unknown.

He wrapped his arm around her as they sat listening to the gentle ocean waves, hoping this vacation would give them renewed perspective.

•    •    •

Eleven months later, Kassie and Leandro are in a better place and stress-free, although Leandro is still very stressed. This is because back in February, Leandro had to undergo foot surgery, sidelining him for four months and likely the rest of the season.

He dealt with an injury to his right foot earlier this season that forced him to be sidelined for 17 games, missing all of December and the start of January. He returned on Jan. 5 and played seven games in a row before an ankle injury caused him to miss the last six games.

Before his right foot injury in November, he became the subject of trade rumors with reports emerging that the Bulls were open to trading him. Even after both injuries, he was still viewed as a possible top player who could be moved ahead of Thursday's trade deadline. Theoretically, he could still be traded, but the injury likely dampens a contending team's desire to want him.

Before his right foot injury in November, he became the subject of trade rumors with reports emerging that the Bulls were open to trading him. Even after both injuries, he was still viewed as a possible top player. Theoretically, he could still be traded, but the injury likely dampens a contending team's desire to want him.

But overall, Kassie and Leandro are focusing on his recovery and their family. They even returned to their Holmby Hills home after Leandro's surgery.

Today at their home, they threw Lourdes' second birthday party. They were celebrating her 2nd birthday with a Bluey-themed party.

Guests were served an array of tasty treats such as Bluey yes/no button biscuits, Rice Krispie treats with blue icing, cupcakes, red velvet macarons, and more.

Lourdes received a four-tier birthday cake decorated with Bluey characters. As for food, Kassie and Leandro had In-N-Out Burger cater the party.

Of course, the house was covered in balloons since balloons are a must-have party decoration. The balloons included characters from the show, as well as performers in costumes of the characters.

As for the exciting party activities, there was a Bluey scavenger hunt where all the kids got a Bluey-themed adventure map. Guest could also create their own Bluey characters customized with their name on it. And there was a serious case of the giggles where the kids had their best impressions to ace a round of Bluey charades.