Chapter 18 | Oversoul II

𝗜 𝗗𝗢 𝗡𝗢𝗧 𝗢𝗪𝗡 𝗦𝗛𝗔𝗠𝗔𝗡 𝗞𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗡𝗢𝗥 (𝗬/𝗡)

𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 18 𝘖𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘰𝘶𝘭 𝘐𝘐 

⥤⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⥢

⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺

ʟᴏᴀᴅɪɴɢ...

.

.

.

.

ʟᴏᴀᴅɪɴɢ...

.

.

.

.

I'm running out of chapter names

⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺

SEVERAL DAYS PASSED while (Y/n) waited patiently for Yoh to finish his meditating inside the Cavern. 

Often, she would venture out and take the little rowboat across the vast lake and stare longingly at the mouth of the cavern. (Y/n) would sit down and meditate a little bit herself, allowing the very faint feeling of Yoh's presence to soak over her and she would feel the usual warmth from the older Asakura. 

After this, (Y/n) would dedicate her time to Tamao. How she ever parted from her in the past, she did not know. 

One day came, however, when (Y/n) was watching Tamao perform her divination. 

"For now, Yoh-sama is safe..." Tamao said, sighing with relief, before her blush eyes widened. "But..." 

"But...?" (Y/n) asked. 

-

"What? A tall one and a small one are coming from the east?" Yohmei repeated. He was meditating under the waterfall, the waters crashing onto his head rather loudly.

Tamao nodded, drawing something on her sketch pad. 

"And they will bring calamity to Yoh and (Y/n)?" 

Again, Tamao nodded. 

"Since I'm in service to the Asakuras, Yoh-sama and (Y/n)-sama are very important to me, so I must protect them no matter what.." Yohmei read out loud.

"Tamao, could you please stop speaking with your sketchbook?" 

Tamao let out a small squeak, a dreadful expression coming over her face. 

"I know that you're very shy, but it's just so hard to read!" Yohmei added. 

"Then I can read it for you, Gramps," (Y/n) offered. 

"Well, either way works. And don't worry about it, Tamao. Your divination skills are still far from perfect." 

-

"Still treating me like a novice... I've been training for 7 years, too..." Tamao whispered silently.