Chapter 19 | Relax

𝗜 𝗗𝗢 𝗡𝗢𝗧 𝗢𝗪𝗡 𝗦𝗛𝗔𝗠𝗔𝗡 𝗞𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗡𝗢𝗥 (𝗬/𝗡)

𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 19 

⥤⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⥢

[ Insert lenny face]

⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺

ʟᴏᴀᴅɪɴɢ...

.

.

.

.

ʟᴏᴀᴅɪɴɢ...

.

.

.

.

I'm sorry for the delay, but behold the chapter!

⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺

(Y/N) HAD FINALLY shut her eyes as a cool breeze blew elsewhere. 

In that place, tall grasses danced to the said breeze. An arrow flew, bright blue lights surrounding it as it pierced into a tree. With a small beam of light, the tree was in pieces. 

"I think this is enough practice," A girl with short, silky (h/c) hair muttered to herself. There were two long parts of her hair that cascaded down to her shoulders, while the rest of her hair was at neck-length. Her light blue eyes reflected an unsatisfied look. "But will this be enough strength to support Hao-sama..? How can I be useful..?" 

"I can tell you. I have a mission for you," Hao emerged from the shadows where he watched. "I'd like you to keep an eye on a little flame of mine. A wonderful little leaf, I liked to call her. You'll like her, too." 

The young girl  bowed her head slightly in respect. "Who is the one I will watch over for you, Hao-sama?" 

-

The trip back to the inn was a hassle, according to Anna. The match was only in a day, and both Yoh and (Y/n) had to be there. (Y/n) observed the flying colors in the atmosphere of the people around her, walking around the train station. She kept close track of Yoh's steps, making sure that neither of them got lost. 

"Are the crowds overwhelming, (Y/n)? We can take a small break, if you need one," Anna offered. 

"Overwhelming?" Manta repeated. 

"(Y/n) has her limits. She's human, and she can only take so much. You know... One of the reasons that (Y/n) would stay indoors so much was so that her abilities wouldn't take too much of a toll on her," Anna muttered. "Breakdowns are on a completely different level for Empaths." 

(Y/n) scratched her head awkwardly. "I'm okay, I'll hold out long enough to get home. Then I can maybe get some shut-eye before the Shaman Fight match." 

"I didn't know you lived under conditions like that, (Y/n)-danna. You're certainly very strong!" Ryuu laughed. 

"Not really, but thanks, Ryuu," (Y/n) grinned, putting her hands in her pants pockets and following Yoh's direction.