Chapter 9

I rush to go tell the girls the news. I send a text to them all saying, "I have something I need to talk to you urgently about. It's a borderline emergency. Meet me at the pack house in the lounge area! As soon as you can!" I smile knowing they will get here within the hour if not sooner. They all message back asking what is going on. "You will find out when you get here! I also won't tell anyone anything until you are all here!"

       While I am waiting to get them here, I make an appointment to go to the spa the day before the ceremony for all of us. Leah gets there first. "Alright chick... What is going on?" She asks looking worried. "You will have to wait until the twins get here." I tell her as I grin. She just looks at me incredulously and cocks her head off to the side. "What? I told all of you I wouldn't say anything until you were all here." She gives me a glare. "Fine. Any who... on an unrelated note, how is it being mated? You know because you are the first one in the group." I know she is going to try to get something out of me. "It's good. We haven't had much time to just ourselves. But its good. So far, he treats me like a princess." I blush a little. I may not be shy around my friends but since being marked I feel stronger and more confident, however the topic of mates has always made be blush even if it was just a little. "We are here what the hell is going on?" Cheyenne and Kylie both practically yell. They look like they are ready to kill someone. Also, saved by the bell... I didn't want to give anything to Leah yet. "Now that you all are here. Damian gave me his pack credit card and we all need to go and pick out dresses for my Luna ceremony and induction into the pack so I can mind-link more than just him." I smile really big. "Also, I booked an appointment at the spa for the day before for all of us. The ceremony will take place on the next full moon." I say ecstatically. All three just stand there dumbfounded and just stare at me. Finally, Cheyenne breaks the silence. "You know that Kylie and I can do all of that, like with a flick of the wrist right?" That kind of shakes them out of the silence. "I know but I want to do the shopping with you, and I want you to get pampered as well instead of just spelling facials, nails, and everything. It will be fun! Besides, I already made the spa appointment for everyone, and I know y'all like going shopping." I grin knowing I am talking them into it. "Correction the twins love shopping. I just tolerate it with some occasional joy." Leah says as she smiles. "Ok so tomorrow meet here around 3pm and then we can take some vehicles over with some guards. I know Damian wants us all protected. I also know it will be the only way I can do this without him there with me." They all agree. I am surprised when no one says anything about me calling that an emergency. Out of nowhere I get water dumped on me. "That is for claiming an emergency when there wasn't one." Kylie says while laughing with the other two. "I deserved that but, I didn't know how else to get you all here quickly. Also, this may be the last time I can say emergency without there being one." I almost whisper out the last part. "What do you mean? That is kind of our thing when we are excited about something and want to share news." Leah asks. "Yeah!" Cheyenne says. "Aleia, anything going on we need to know about?" Kylie asks.

      "Well, we may or may not have issues when dealing with the fae. Before you ask. Yes, we have it under good knowledge they do in fact exist." I say solemnly. "If things go south when talking with them..." "There may be a war." Leah finishes my sentence with fear. I nod my head and give a grim smile. "We will talk to our High Priest and Priestess to see if we could lend a hand if it comes to that." Kylie says. "At the very least, us come and help." Cheyenne pipes up. "I will also talk to my Lord and Lady and ask the same." Leah says. We all give each other a group hug. "I am so glad you are my best friends." I say. "What about me? Am I chopped liver?" Levi walks in asking. "How long have you been there?" I ask. "About long enough to know you are worried and these girls offered to ask their leaders to help us. By the way hello to my bestie group of girls!" Levi says with a grin. "Pssh, we are you're only besties. We will add Damian to our group." Kylie says. "If we NEED to." Leah practically fake whines. "Like we can't add him. He is now our besties Alpha and mate." Cheyenne says while laughing. "Thank you, girls, for coming. I will see you at 3pm sharp tomorrow. Be there or be square. I love you all!" I say with a grin. The girls wave and leave the pack house.

      "You know I have never understood the 'Be there or be square thing'. What does that even mean?" Levi asks. I laugh really hard for a couple minutes. "If you are square then you aren't around." I tell him while giving him a face that portrays a 'come on do you get it' look. "I still don't understand." I laugh even harder and to the point my ribs hurt. Damian comes running to us since he can feel that I am in pain, but he doesn't know why. He gets there and just stares at the both of us for a minute. "What is going on?" He asks. "I don't understand the 'Be there or be square' saying even after she said that you're square because you aren't around." Damian thinks for a moment. "Once you get it. You will understand why she is laughing so hard. Come on Aleia let's get you up and calmed down a bit so you can breathe." Damian says and shakes his head at Levi.

      Damian helps get me calmed down by time dinner is ready. Halfway through dinner, Levi just starts laughing. "I am such an idiot! You even told me!" Levi says as he laughs harder which in turns make Damian and I laugh, making everyone think we are crazy. "What just happened?" Elder McBride asked. "Well Levi didn't understand the 'Be there or be square' saying. Aleia explained it and he still didn't understand. He just got it." Damian tells him. "Ahh ok. Carry on then." He tells us with a smirk. We finally stop laughing constantly and get done with dinner. "Damian. Are there any female warriors that can come with us tomorrow for dress shopping? I would hate to drag the guys and they could also get their own dresses." I ask. "We have a few." He gives me a kiss. "You are going to make an amazing Luna." He smiles at me. We get up and head to our room. I change into sleepwear, and he just strips into his boxers. We both climb in bed and cuddle. "Let's go to sleep. I know I at least have a big day tomorrow. Since we don't leave until 3pm that gives you time to talk to the female warriors and see who wants to go with us." I say with a yawn. "Sounds good to me. Night love..." Is the last thing I hear him say before I drift off to sleep.

      I wake up around 9:30am to an empty bed. "Damian, where are you? Also, why did you turn my alarms off this morning." I ask through the mind-link. "Well, I wanted you to be rested for the day. There won't be many more days you can just sleep in either. I know how exhausted my mother used to be when she got back from what she called retail therapy. As to where I am. I am in my office going through our warriors to find some females who would be happy to go with you and as of right now most of them do but are busy. I have found about six that can. I feel that is enough." As he ends his thought I walk into his office. "Want to go get some food with me?" I ask him. He nods and get up. He offers his arm, and we walk down to the kitchen. "What sounds good to you for breakfast?" He asks me. "Umm... how about... biscuits and bacon gravy?" I ask with excitement. "How do you like your bacon?" He asks me with a wink. "How about crispy but not burned? Or is that too hard of a task?" I ask teasingly. "Oh, I like a cooking challenge." He responds with a big grin. Levi walks in. "However, I am not making you any. So don't ask." Damian says with an ornery smile. Levi holds a hand to his chest like he is offended. "I dare say good sir. I am but a humble peasant in search of a hearty meal. And you would deny me food without me asking for any?" Levi says with an overly southern high-pitched accent. "Or are you a hungry wolf looking to eat us?" I ask with a fake scared voice. "My fair maiden I will protect you." Damian says as he jumps in front of me with a butter knife. "Ok, ok... What has gotten into you boys? Me and the girls doing this with Levi was normal. But not him doing it or you jumping in and joining?" I ask them both while trying not to show I am overly amused by what just happened. "Oh, on top of that you need to check the bacon." I say with a knowing tone. Both boys race to the bacon and Levi snatches one. "SHIT!! That is hot." As he goes to hurriedly eat his prize, he starts getting loud. "Fuck. Owww. Ouch. Hot. Fuck. Hot. Mmmmm That's better so delicious... Bacon is the way to my heart Damian; how did you know?" And Levi takes off running, laughing hysterically. "Asshole." He says shaking his head. "That was one of the first 'perfect' ones that were going to be done." He says while shaking his head. "Babe, he is your chosen Beta." I say with a sassy tone. "So what? He is your best friend." He says humorously. "I... well... you know what... fine... I will accept responsibility for him." I say pragmatically.

       Just as Damian get done making the breakfast Levi pops his head around the corner. "Levi Daniels! Don't you dare come near my biscuits and gravy. I will make you come shopping with me, the girls, and 6 female warriors for dresses and maybe lingerie. And yes, you will have to go into every store and help all of us." I tell him. With that and no response he is gone. "Well done love. I didn't think anything was going to keep him from getting any of this deliciousness." Damian says to me kissing my forehead as I am stuffing my face. Yes, stuffing my face. This food right here is heaven. I decide to watch some tv since I am ready to go shopping once everyone gets here at 3pm. "I am off to the office to deal with some of the paperwork for the pack. Let me know when you leave so I can tell you bye." Damian requests. "I can do that." I tell him. "I love you." He tells me through mind-link. "I love you too."