Chapter 12

Chapter 12

"Mate." Josiah simply says...

"Aleia... How did you know?" Damian asks me. "Well... I noticed her heartrate speed up just a bit. Which could have been anything. But when I mind-linked Josiah he was calm, but sounded a tad anxious. Most would have missed it. But with her heartrate speeding up I looked for any differences with him and noticed it. By the way Josiah you are really good at covering up emotions." I happily say. "Thank you ma'am. However, since she will be my second chance it felt different than it did the first time. I was just really nervous. Knowing it was rare to get your second chance. Aleia yours was even more rare if you didn't know. Almost unheard of to find one the dame day of rejection. Now if it's ok with everyone I would like to get to know Fran and see what's in store for us." Josiah says and looks at Damian. Damian just nods and smiles. He puts his hand on Josiah's shoulder and gives it a reassuring squeeze. When they are out of earshot Damian turns to me. "He thinks he may get rejected. Since she is a Queen. Now beautiful let's go find Levi and see how things went and then we can relax and watch some tv or go swimming." He says lovingly. "Swimming... Swimming, you mean you HAVE A POOL! And neither you nor Levi said anything to me about it!" I say and I try to sound frustrated. "Also why do you say he thinks he will get rejected." I ask. "Well, he linked me and told me. It's why I grabbed his shoulder and gave it a reassuring squeeze." He says as he wraps his arms around me.

"Aleia, we should talk to Alpha Kurt about when she will be getting banished." Damian hesitantly says. "We can do that first thing tomorrow. We have a fairly full day once Josiah and Franziska get done talking." I reply. "Alright, let's go watch a movie while we wait on them." Damian says to me. "How about Princess Bride?" I ask. "Sounds good. Last one there has to make the other dessert tonight." Damian says as he takes off running. "Cheater!" I yell as I take off after him. Levi sees us running and asks what's going on. "Last one to the tv has to make dessert tonight." Damian yells. Levi takes off running and trips Damian which gives me the lead. I make it there right before Levi and Damian. However, Damian beats Levi by a hair. "Welp, Levi, I guess you are making the dessert." I say laughing. "Fine." He says sarcastically. "How does banana pudding sound?" He asks. "Umm... Ok." Damian says. "Your famous one or a half-assed one?" I ask. "Famous obviously." He replies. "Then definitely yes!" I exclaim.

A few minutes after the movie ended. "Josiah just said they are done talking and want to know where we are. So, they are on their way." Damian informed us. "How did he sound?" I ask. "What's going on?" Levi asks. "He sounded normal, which is odd for what happened." He says to me. "Josiah found his mate... The Queen of the fae." He says with a sigh. Levi's eyes bug out. "Really? The Queen?" He asks flabbergasted. "Yes." I reply with a giggle.

"How would you feel about a doorway that connects my kingdom and your pack?" Franziska asks as her and Josiah walk up. "It could be a room with a door somewhere in it that could be spelled to open up to my home and a room in my home would have a door that opens here." She adds. "I would be happy to have it as long as we are allies." Damian jokes. "Of course, I would be allies with my soulmates pack." Franziska replies. "So, I guess this means you have accepted each other?" I ask curiously. "Yes." Josiah replies with a smile and wraps his arms around her. "Now to the business of that long distant grandson of mine. Josiah and I talked about him too. I do not believe he is or will ever be fit to run the Kingdom. I will tell him so tomorrow. If it is ok with you, I have a request on the room that will have the doorways. The room have an adjourning room with a door to my love's room and the room on myside will have the same." She says with some excitement. "I think we can swing that request. Josiah, how would you feel with your office being that room?" Damian asks him. "I would have no problem with that." Josiah replies. "Sounds good, it will be done by the end of the day and tomorrow we can talk to Devon." Franziska says. "I will get it done on my side and then I will come back here and finish it here."