Missing Child

Ebony's POV

After a 10-minute drive to my bakery, I arrived with 5 min to spare before my employees get there.

I know what you guys are thinking, yes, I could just stay at home and let other people run my bakery like every other business you see. But I rather work in the bakery, which I put all my hard work and effort into.

As I started to set up the stations my employees started to walk in the door. They all said good morning, then went to the back to start their days.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

It was about 2:45 when I started to clean up the bakery so I can close up at 3:00. My bakery usually stays open at 9:00 but today I just really didn't feel like staying open so 9:00 today.

It is 3:00 right now and all my employees have left so I started to lock up the door and start walking down the street.

I walked past this preschool and seeing parents picking up their kids, and I started wondering to myself if that would be me someday. I plan on having kids someday, but I just haven't found the right someone to share that with.

I was probably three blocks down from the preschool I had passed when I heard little footsteps following right behind me. I didn't hear the steps at first until I heard someone step on a stick, and I turn around to see this little boy walking right behind me.

Parker's POV

I was sitting at my desk looking at my phone when I got a call from Peyton's preschool. I answered my phone in a calm tone, even though I was frowning while listening to one the teachers there.

"Is this Parker Knight" the lady I said.

"Yes" I said still with a calm tone.

"I'm here to inform you Mr. Knight that your son Peyton has gone missing," the lady said with panic in her voice.

"What do you mean he has gone missing," I said with a little anger in my voice.

I'm never the one to raise my voice or get angry at people that's usually Elijah's job, but when it comes to my son, I will do anything, and I mean anything to keep my son safe.

Being a Mafia Boss doesn't come easy when it comes to your family especially if you have kids, which means you're going to have enemies trying to take them from you just to make you weak Cuz they know that your weakness.

"Well s-sir I turned around and go talk to a parent and he was right there behind me, but when I turn back around, he wasn't there anymore," she said in a panicked voice.

"Will be there in 15 minutes" I told her in my calm but angry tone.

After hanging up the phone, I go to look for Elijah. Who will not be thinking straight, when I tell him our son missing from preschool?

I found Elijah in his office, looking over some paperwork.

"Hey bae," Elijah said, with a smile on his face.

But as soon as he sees the look on my face, he turns on his serious mode.

"What's the wrong bae," Elijah asks me, with a look of concern written all over his face.

"It's about Peyton," I said, looking at my fuming husband.

"What about Peyton" Elijah said in an angry voice.

"The school just called me and said that Peyton is missing," I said.

When I tell you this man was already out the door and halfway to our car after he heard that our son was missing. I started praying to God that I will make it to the preschool without any accidents.

Arrived at the preschool in 5 minutes. it takes us 15 minutes to get there from our building to Peyton's preschool, but Elijah was speeding and didn't stop at any of the red lights or stop signs.

Elijah jumps out of the car, as soon as he put it in the park.

The teacher looks terrified of Elijah, I mean who wouldn't be? But this is a missing kid we are talking about. Not just a missing kid, but our missing kid. And the fact that we have enemies who would love to get to Peyton and hurt us because they know he is our weakness.

I leave Elijah to yell at the teacher, while I go out and look around the place.

But as look around, I see the most beautiful girl I have ever seen in my life, Holding Peyton in her arms, with a look of concern and worry on her face.