Decisions

Season 13 is such a frustrating season to watch and write. I have so many plans for this season that I know you will love. I hope you enjoy this update.

Gen's POV

"No, Mer, I haven't heard anything about Alex."

"Where have you been? I have been running around all day looking for our person..."

"Mer, I've been busy. It's been a long fucking 48 hours, and I need to sleep."

"Sleep? We need to find Alex."

"Well, we're not going to find him tonight. I will speak with you in the morning." I hang up the phone and look around my quiet house. I walk to check on the kids but don't find them in their rooms. I don't worry because I know this can mean one thing. I smile as I quietly open the primary bedroom to find all four kids passed out in bed with Mark. This is the thing we all do if one of us is working late. We bring all four kids in bed with us, and we have the best sleep. I close the door and head downstairs to sleep in the guest bedroom. I let out a big sigh and take a seat on the bed but jump as something moves. "Ahhh!"

"What the hell?"

"Alex?" I ask, seeing my person. I bring him in for a hug, and I break down crying. "How the hell are you here?"

"I've been here all day sleeping

"I've been here all day sleeping."

"All day?"

"All day." He confirms. I push him hard to the bed.

"All fucking day? And you couldn't leave a note or something!"

"I was tired." I dial Mer's number.

"I thought you said..."

"Alex is at my house."

"What?"

"He's been here all day. Sleeping."

"Sle...Do you have any idea how many places I went looking for you?" Meredith scolds him, and even if she's not here, her voice carries a lot. "You can't call? You can't text?"

"That's exactly what I told him."

"What happened?" Meredith asks.

"They said the trial was canceled." I hear Maggie's voice now. "You said you were taking a plea."

"I did." Alex states. I hit his shoulder. "Will you knock it off?"

"We were worried sick about you." I scold him.

"Are you in hiding? Are you evading the law? Are you on the lam?" Maggie accuses Alex.

"Alex, I...we can help you, but Gen has kids and Mark there."

"Stop it." Alex cuts Meredith off.

"Explain." I order him. He lets out a sigh.

"I went down there. I talked to the D.A." He explains how he was there waiting for his lawyer to show up when DeLuca came and wanted to drop the charges, but the D.A. said he didn't have that power since the case rests in the state's hands. DeLuca apparently wanted the trial canceled so badly that he told the D.A. he would lie and say it was both their fault and Alex shouldn't be the one charged for this. He would lie on the stand, and that caused the D.A. to have to drop the charges against Alex.