No Throwing Things in My ER!

Season 14 of Grey's a hit or miss on some episodes. I hope you all enjoy this fun update.

Meredith's POV

I leave my patient that we saved thanks to Herrera, and there she is. I smile at her. "Herrera. You did so great in there today." I compliment her. "If you ever consider a new line of work, we could really use you around here."

"Yeah, as thrilling as that was, it was terrifying."

"Oh, you think you know?" We all turn to see Gen tearing Schmitt a new one.

"I thought..."

"Either you know, Schmitt, that you gave my patient a lethal dose of their medication, or you don't."

"I do..."

"Out of my face, and I better not see you unless I summon you." Schmitt runs off in terror despite Gen never raising her voice just because her words alone are scary. "Hey, Billy." Gen is all smiles as she goes into her patient's room.

"Yeah, she terrified me." Herrera tells me.

"Gen can do that, but she is one of the most brilliant surgeons we have."

"I can tell. You two must work together a lot."

"What makes you say that?"

"Because you two operated in silence and just seemed like you both knew what the other was thinking." I smile hearing someone tell me this. Gen and I have operated together for so long it's easy to forget how amazing it is to see us at work.

"She is my person, so we do have this connection." I explain.

"I feel like I would listen and do whatever she said with no question. She seems brilliant and has great leadership skills."

"All true things or the hospital would never have made her chief of three departments."

"Three?! How?"

"She's just that brilliant."

"I would say." Herrera reaches into her pocket and pulls out Helm's phone. "thought Hellmuth might want her phone back."

"Thank you for trying."

"I didn't just try. Dr. Cerone is gonna be in the States next week and has agreed to come hear your pitch." She tells me, and I feel like a huge weight is lifted off my shoulders.

"What?! You're kidding. Wait. What did you say?"

"I just said they're standing between the hose and the flames right now by holding onto that patent." We both laugh at her analogy. "I mean, I should know. I was latterly holding on to something today that I couldn't let go of either. And then the time came to step away and let you and you take over, and if there's anyone he can trust to take over, it's you."

"Thank you."

"Also, I tried to explain the whole sprinkler thing. But I don't think it translated."

"Yeah, it really just sounded like you were screaming at him." I tell her.

"Ah, Romance languages are passionate."

"Trust, I know all about that. Gen, when she gets all heated, mixes between French and English, and it can seem like she's yelling, but she's just passionate." I explain.

"See, you understand." We stop walking. "We don't have to hug now, do we? I'm not really a hugger."

"Oh, God no." I shake my head, and we break out in a laugh.

"Okay, good. I had a good time today. It was nice to meet you, Dr. Grey."

"You too.

"I gotta go find my rookie."