The End of Harper Avery

Here is the conclusion of the weed cookie chaos. I hope you all enjoy this update.

3rd Person's POV

Jackson and Catherine walk back into the presentation hall. "Okay, why didn't you say anything?" Jackson asks his mother about the sexual assault issues with his late grandfather.

"Mmh. Turns out there's no good time to tell your son this his grandfather is a sexual predator." Catherine replies.

"He isn't. He was." Jackson's eyes widen. "So...so the accusations are accurate from Rebecca Frog? Uh, Frond?"

"Froy. Froy. Froy." Catherine corrects him.

"No, that's not right. It was like a..."

"Rebecca Froy's story was true." Catherine finds her purse. "All the stories were true."

"Wait. What do you mean all?" Jackson questions her. "You said all. All the stories? What's that?"

"There were many stories...some ugly, some very ugly." Catherine shares.

"How many? How many stories?"

"13."

"13?!" Jackson exclaims in horror.

"13 women...all under NDAs...all secret! Shh!" Neither of them notices that April and Gen can hear them from the other room.

"This is idispensable...fensible...indefensible." Jackson jumbles up his words. "What are you looking for?" He asks.

"My glasses!" Catherine exclaims. Jackson pulls them off her head and hands them to her. "Oh." She chuckles finding it funny where they were.

"13, Mom?" April and Gen continue to eavesdrop neither coherent enough to fully grasp the severity of it all. "There's 13 women. How did I not know that?" He asks. "I mean...how did...how...why are you so calm?"

"The cookie might have something to do with it."

"You're messing with me." Jackson exclaims.

"No, I'm not." Catherine argues.

"Very funny. You're messing with me because I'm a little high."

"This is not a joke, Jackson. This is a secret you let out of the bag."

"How could this even be kept a secret at all?" Jackson asks in disbelief.

"Money, honey. Good God, don't be naïve. A fortune was paid to silence those women." Catherine explains.

"No. I understand that, okay? I'm saying why. Why would anyone protect him?" Jackson asks. "Why didn't anybody try to stop him? Why didn't you try to stop him?"

"Because that's not how it worked. And...the hope was, for some, that, if the financial hit to your grandfather was great enough, he would stop the behavior. And he did. He did stop." She explains and Jackson lets all of the information set in.

"Oh. You did this." Catherine looks at the ground in shame. "You covered this up. Oh, Mom."

"It was a very different time then." Catherine explains to him trying to get him to understand where her mind was all those years ago. "It was his name. It was his foundation. He made the rules."

"Oh, please. Stop talking, Mom."

"I'm just trying to help you understand."

"Well, I wish you would help those women. "

"Look at me." Catherine pleads with him.

"You told me to step up. You wanted to buy this hospital, I wanted nothing to do with it, hell Gen's dad was willing to buy it all but you had to play hardball with him and force yourself into this hospital. And you told me to step up. Take the lead." Jackson reminds her. "Take part in what this family has built, right?"