Judgement

This episode was so hard to watch and write about.

3rd Person's POV

Arizona finishes checking up on Karin Taylor as she walks up to April. "You couldn't tell me that Gen and you were treating my jilted fiance's wife?" April questions.

"We couldn't 'cause HIPAA. We wanted to so badly." Arizona exclaims.

"Dr. Robbins?" DeLuca gets his attending's attention.

"Yeah. Oh hey. Um, all right. Well, this one's uh got a NICU bed with her name on it, so let's take her up and get her work-up." Arizona instructs DeLuca

"Okay, yeah. You know, that couple is so nice." DeLuca exclaims. "They remind me of uh...of... that's it." He points to April. "She reminds me of you." April is trying not to freak out.

"Heh. Let's go." April gives her a look. "All right. I'm gonna go up with the baby and get settled. If you need anything...page Gen. Arizona leaves April before things become more awkward. April spots Jackson and Mark at the ER desk.

"Your wife punched a guy. What is with you two and punching?" Jackson questions Mark.

"I don't know, but seeing her deck a douche was a real turn-on." Mark admits.

"He deserved it definitely."

"Her hand might be bruised. I forced her to get it cleared by PT before she can get back to work." Mark shares.

"So Matthew's here." April interrupts their conversation.

"Matthew?" Jackson questions, as he's clueless as to who April is talking about. Mark's eyes widen as he remembers instantly who Matthew is.

"Mm-hmm."

"Wait. Matthew?" Jackson finally catches on.

"Yeah. His wife just had a baby, emergently in my arms." April shares. "Which was..."

"Ironic? Comical? Soul crushing?" Jackson teases her.

"How 'bout we change the subject?" April offers.

"Mm-hmm."

"My wife punched an abuser." Mark announces changing the subject. "It was hot."

"When..."

"Long story, but it had to be done." Mark states.

"Hey, do either of you know about that medical innovation contest Bailey's been talking about? Anonymous donor, high stakes?"

"I...yeah, I do." Jackson tries to keep a straight face. Mark can see right through him.

"Yeah, I think one of you should be in charge of it." April declares.

"Wh...why...why would that happen?" Jackson stutters.

"I mean, hear me out. You're both on the board, brilliant surgeons..."

"I'm better." Mark declares. "Just want that to be known."

"Really Sloan?"

"You're still second best, Avery. Which is an honor in itself." Mark pats his prodigy on the shoulder.

"Well, it feels like something you both should do. Or one of you. Doesn't matter. So if either of you want it, which you should, then you can have it."

"Wait." Jackson stops April and looks at her. "Why is it yours to give me?"

"Cause Webber gave it to me."

"Webber. Gave it to you?"

"Incoming!" Someone announces, which gets April's attention.