Summit Meeting with Grey

I love rewatching early Grey's. It reminds me why I love this show so much.

3rd Person POV

"Wait! What?" People are freaking out over the sudden loss of Gen. No one knows the full reason, but it's safe to guess it has to do with Minnick and Bailey siding with her over everything.

"So, has anyone heard from Gen or Mark?" Maggie asks.

"Nothing. I heard it from an intern who was screaming the news like a chicken with their head cut off. It was very intense." Lexie details.

"Meredith knows. She has to know." Alex points out.

"Yes!" Lexie quickly pulls out her phone and dials her sister's number. But it goes straight to voicemail. "She's not answering."

"We have to call the cops." Maggie states.

"Why?" Arizona asks.

"Because this is serious, and if Mer isn't answering her phone, then..."

"Then it means she is probably talking things over with Gen." Alex points out. "They are conjoined in a way that none of us will ever understand. Hell, I don't understand it, and I've known them the longest."

"He does have a point. And when Yang was here, they were scarily identical." Arizona adds.

"The Chimeras." Lexie says.

"The...what?" Maggie asks, confused.

"Yeah, what?" Riggs tries to get caught up.

"It's the interns' name gave Meredith and Gen during their first year as attendings." Lexie explains.

"And when Yang came back, it was even better. They made interns cry all the time." Alex finds joy in this.

"Does everyone have nicknames?" Maggie asks.

"Well..." Arizona, Alex, and Lexie share a look.

"Yeah. Pretty much."

"McSteamy is Mark. McDreamy is Derek. Uh...Bailey was the Nazi..." Lexie lists off.

"Then she was BCB." Alex says, and he can't help laughing.

"Is it an inside joke or..."

"Booty Call Bailey." Alex informs Maggie.

"Oh." Riggs holds back some chuckles.

"When she and Warren were getting back together, they used the on-call rooms..."

"Or any room with a door to have sex. A lot." Alex states.

"Wow." Maggie nods her head.

"Meredith, Gen, and Cristina were the Chimera's."

"There was debate from the interns to call Gen McHot." Alex clarifies.

"When was..."

"Jo told me." Alex clams up as he says her name. They haven't said what they are to each other since the trial was dropped.

"Wait." Maggie looks at Alex. "Don't you live with Gen and Mark? Wouldn't you know why she quit?"

"Me living in Gen's spare bedroom doesn't mean I know everything about her." Alex clarifies. "She's my person, but I don't control her every thought and move."

"Gen will be back. Right?" Lexie asks. "I mean Mer's coming back. So will Gen."

"I don't know. Grey's a suspension that means she has a job to come back to, but Benoist quit. Three specialties, two of which she is co-chief and one she is the only chief. I mean...I am drowning in work and... I'm only in charge of fetal...and..." Arizona is losing it.