Mirror Image

This was a fun chapter to write and I hope you all enjoy it.

3rd Person's POV

Jackson walks into the pit, surprised to find Meredith gowning up to treat patients when she's supposed to be on her way to Boston. "Oh, why are you gowning?" Jackson questions his friend.

"A major trauma just came in." Meredith tells him like it's no big deal. Alex and Gen give Jackson a look telling him that they tried to stop her, but there is no stopping Meredith Grey.

"No, no, no. We have plenty of surgeons." Jackson argues.

"We told her that." Gen chimes in.

"You need to be in Boston, Meredith." Jackson tells her.

"O'Malley and Yang." Alex jumps in.

"What? What's that?" Jackson asks, confused.

"Baby O'Malley and baby Yang." Gen motions to the patients stuck in the rollercoaster.

"And there's a baby Izzie Stevens, who's having a baby." Meredith shares with a smile on her face. "I mean, I definitely cannot go anywhere right now." Meredith heads off to treat the patients.

"What's the deal? She's afraid to fly?" Jackson asks Alex and Gen.

"Nothing to do with that. She just can't leave a good case. One that she knows she can help." Gen explains.

"And afraid to lose." Alex adds. The three of them head toward the rollercoaster patients.

"I called your parents. They're flying in." Baby Izzie informs baby O'Malley and baby Yang. "They wouldn't take; we don't know yet for an answer. So I made up some medicine."

"What did you go with?" Baby Yang asks.

"Minor blunt force trauma with no LOC on the scene." Baby Izzie answers.

"That's good. Sounds cool. Means nothing." Baby Yang replies.

"Are you guys doctors?" Meredith questions them.

"We're interns at Seattle Pres." Baby O'Malley answers.

"We are no longer interns and haven't been for two weeks, Greg." Baby Yang argues. "We are second years. So try to keep up."

"If I see another one of me, I'm leaving." Alex whispers to Jackson and Gen. The doctors assess the injuries so they can determine where they start first for treatment.

See, she seems stable. Can't we get her out first?" Bailey asks Richard and the firefighters.

"No. Not without jarring him." The firefighter answers.

"I think we can open up his side of the car and just be ready for crush syndrome symptoms." Richard explains.

"All right, assess the damage and get me a timeline for extrication." Bailey orders.

"All right, doctor." The firefighters leave to see what they can do.

"All right, let's uh set up a crash cart, get another IV going." Bailey instructs a nurse. "Get him hooked up to our monitors. Let's be prepared when he comes out of this thing." Everyone disperses to get the job rolling. April joins Bailey at the desk. "Uh, what are you seeing so far, Kepner?" Bailey asks her surgeon.

"Uh, cuts and bruises, couple of broken bones. Some burns from the oil that went flying when the rollercoaster car hit the funnel cake booth. Which perfectly describes a recurring nightmare I used to have as a child." April rambles on.

"Uh, all right. Let's re-route everything minor to the clinic. Supervise the interns. Make yourself available for quest..." Bailey stops as she spots Ben walking through the pit.