Intro

It was dark. That was the first thing Keylee thought.

Perhaps I should open my eyes? It was the second thing she thought. So she did. She opened her eyes. Still, she didn't see anything. Why was everything black? Was this what it was like to be dead? If that was the case, death was boring.

Keylee stood up and tried to feel anything but the slightly wet and sticky floor, nothing. She carefully took little steps forward. I don't know if you have ever woke up in a dark space after you got killed but if you did, you know how scary it can be. Imagine you wake up in complete darkness while you're not even supposed to wake up. If you know what's in the darkness, it can be okay. But if you have no idea where you are, what the time is, if you don't even know if you're dead or alive.... It can drive you insane, it would drive me insane.

'Hello?'

Her voice echoed till far, far away in the distance. No one answered. Not another sound was heard except for her footsteps.

Keylee looked around, hoping to find any source of light somehow. She tried to investigate what was inside her jacket's pockets but didn't find anything.

She tried her pants, hoping to find her phone, but then she realized Void took that from her before she died. A sickening feeling spread through her stomach. Someone tried to kill her, someone did kill her.

Her breath hitched in her throat, someone killed her.

Like only now she realized it she placed a hand over her hart. The normally steady beating was nowhere to be found. Was she.... dead?

Keylee sunk down to her knees. No, no, no, no, no. She couldn't be dead! She couldn't be dead, she wouldn't be here if she was dead.... Right?

She moved her hand through her hair and eventually gripped her head in both her hands in a failing gesture to keep calm. What was this? Was this some sort of... afterlife? Was that a thing?

She tried to breathe calmly until she realized something else, why was she breathing if her hart didn't beat?

Keylee stood up again and started to walk. 'If I might walk into something it will at least be something.'

She hadn't time so say anything else as she bumped into something. She touched it carefully. It felt solid, a bit rough. It didn't feel warm but not freezing as well, it was high, that was for sure.

Keylee lied her hand on the thing and started to walk to see what shape it had. Turned out it was some sort of cylinder but very big.

She moved her hand down to the floor and quickly rejected it when the floor felt wet again. What was on it? It felt like a thick sticky liquid. Keylee refused to think about it in fear of what it could be. Instead the moved her hand up on the cylinder thing in hopes of feeling something different. She eventually did at shoulder height.

It felt like a rope was wrapped around the cylinder thing. Keylee traced it until she felt a small flat object. Felt like her phone.

She quickly tried to get it but couldn't see how it was pinned between the rope and cylinder. Besides that, she could only hope it was her phone. She traced the sides of her probably-phone until she found the on-off button. She pressed it, nothing happened.

She held her thumb against the button for about 15 seconds before the screen finally lit on. Keylee sighted in relieve, now she could see something.

She had finally enough light to untangle her phone from the ropes and once she held in in her hand she clicked the flashlight.

'Time to find out where I am.'

The light was far to bright for someone who had just spent god knows how much time in the dark. when her eyes were used to the flashlight she could see the cylinder was a tree. A big tree. It was as big as the Nemeton but fully grown and not just a trunk.