Chapter 1: Waking up

With a gasp she flew up. What had happened? Was this another life? No, she wouldn't remember anything in that case, right? What had happened to the dark room? And to the strange men, and the young man. What was the silver liquid she was injected with?

'W-where am I?'

'You're safe.'

Keylee quickly looked to the direction of the voice. The young man from before was leaning against the wall but it was to dark to see his face.

'Oh, I didn't realize I said that aloud. I certainly didn't realize to get an answer. Who the hell are you?'

'But Keylee-' The man stepped into a better lit place and looked towards her. '-You wouldn't really forget your best childhood-friend right?

Keylee stared at him. Only now she could really see his face. He looked handsome, but also familiar. She narrowed her eyes. He looked like... it couldn't be. He had left years ago, the last time the saw him was in the 4th grade.

'T-Theo?'

'Hey Key.'

'Oh my gosh, THEO!'

Keylee jumped up and swung her arms around his neck.

Theo looked a bit taken aback by it but hugged her tight. Keylee burrowed her nose in the crook of his neck. 'Where have you been, why are you back?'

'I'm a werewolf, I was bitten. I need a pack and I found you. What happened to you Keylee. You were dead when I found you.'

Keylee sniffed and chuckled slightly. 'Yeah, funny story. Not so funny actually, I uhmm. I was killed.'

Theo took a step back and studied her face. 'You're nose is bleeding.' He noticed.

'Hmm, probably. It was so weird, there was this really dark place, and I was there, I was stabbed by myself.'

Theo rose his eyebrows. 'Okay. Lets just sit down. Why don't you start at the beginning? Start with why I found you dead alright?' He guided Keylee to a bed and sat down besides her.

Keylee nodded. 'Right. So, Stiles was possessed by a Nogitsune when I was on a break. When I came back they were both in separated bodies but Void looked exactly like Stiles. He kidnapped me. He- he told me what I am.'

'What you are?'

'Yes, when Scott got bitten he ignored me for about a year. Then the alpha pack came. Deucalion, their leader, bit me. I didn't turn into a werewolf like you and Scott but in something else. I only knew I could take other's pain and my eyes would glow green when I did so. But as I said, Void knew who I was. Turns out I'm a spirit. A very old spirit. Do you know the Iriomote spirit?'

To her surprise, Theo nodded. 'I know the story. The reincarnations. You're telling me that you- you are-'

'Yes.'

Theo smiled. 'Cool. So... I'm friends with a spirit.'

'Yup. Anyways. Void and I... I don't know what it is between us. It's just, he tricked us so many times and told so many lies I don't know what to believe. But if I have to believe what he told me when he killed me, I was his weakness and he didn't want that. He cared for me so he killed me.'

'That doesn't really make sense.'

Keylee shrugged. 'I know, but he loves chaos right? Maybe he just killed me to hurt Scott. Oh- I need to call him, and mom, they need to know I'm alive, they must be so sad! I need to-'

'You need to rest. Let me tell you what happened first okay?'

Keylee didn't want to but on the other hand... It was nice to see Theo again and she didn't want her mother to worry about her. Still it didn't feel fair. But Theo nodded reassuringly so she agreed to listen first.