Chapter 8: Myths in the sky

*Keylee's pov*

I let myself fall down on the grass. My muscles hurt, actually, my entire body hurts. I'm so out of breath. And I still feel like Void went easy on me. I hear him fall down besides me but I'm to tired to open my eyes and look at him. The fresh night air feels nice but also cold because I'm still wet.

Void and I sparred for a while until he somehow convinced me that there was a bear in the bushes and that I had to run 3 miles around. He found it very funny. Then I pushed him in a river, which I found very funny.

The kinda bad thing is that he pulled me in the river after that as well. We ended up both in the river at midnight and now I'm cold, wet and exhausted lying down in a grass field.

I look up at the sky. The stars are with so many, it's like I can reach out for them but yet they are so far away. Like it goes so deep. Far bigger than the world I know. It makes me feel very small and insignificant.

'Void?' I turn around to look at him.

'Hmm?'

'You knew what my zodiac sing meant right? Do you know more about the stars?'

He turns to me too. 'Yes, why?'

I gaze up at the sky again. 'Can you tell me about them?'

I hear rustling besides me as he sits up and moves closer. I sit up too. 

Void takes my hand and points it up to a star. 

'You see that one? That is Polaris, the North star. You can use it to find your way when you're lost.' He then points the entire constellation out with my finger. 'According to the Greek myth, Zeus cheated on his wife, Hera, with Callisto. When Hera found out, she changed Callisto into a bear. Zeus put the bear in the sky along with the Little Bear, who is Callisto's son, Arcas. In other myths, the constellation is not a bear at all, but is in fact a dog.'

'What do you believe?'

'I think Callisto possessed the ability to change in a bear but people were scared of her and killed her. No god involved at all. Then someone though he saw a bear in the sky and made up a myth. That's mostly ho these thing are created.'

He points another few stars. The three brightest stars are lined up and immediately catch my eye. 'Orion's belt. If you find Orion's belt you can find the hourglass figure around it. He's supposed to be the son of Poseidon and the greatest hunter in the world. Hera got annoyed, again, and asked a scorpion to kill him. Zeus felt bad for him and placed him in the sky.'

'Let me guess, you have your own version of this?'

Void looks at me and smirks. 'I'd almost think you start to know me. In fact, I do. I do believe he was one of the greatest hunters in the world, a supernatural hunter. Only I don't believe the gods part.'

'And why not? Supernatural exists too right?' 

Void rolls his eyes while I think I just made a pretty good statement.

'Because I knew him.'

My mouth quite literally drops open. 'W-what?'

'He was a hunter. He was arrogant and though that he could beat me. He couldn't, of course. The idiot was prepared for every supernatural attack but couldn't defend himself against something as little as a scorpion. People tend to make things better than they are so they claimed it was the fault of a god. Because the gods couldn't be the bad guys, that would scare them to much, they thought another god showed his good side by showing Orion compassion.'