Chapter 15: The last fight

'I told you I wanted Scott McCall's eyes. That's why I let you take me.' Deucalion unshackled himself from whatever it was that was supposed to hold him capture. 'Though I have been a willing guest this entire time.'

Keylee took a step back, knowing that the blind werewolf was faster and stronger than all the chimera's together. Void reassuringly placed his hand on her shoulder. 'He can beat them but not the Oni if he tries anything.' He whispered softly in her ear.

Theo and Tracy glanced at each other before Theo nodded slowly and turned to Deucalion. 'Okay, so what now?'

'I teach you what you've been so desperate to learn.'

Then, suddenly, in the blink of an eye, Deucalion dashed towards Theo and snapped his wrist. Theo screamed and stared at Deucalion who was still holding a grip on his broken wrist.

'You feel that Theo? That's the secret of taking power. Pain. Take their pain, take their life, take their power. It's all or nothing.' Deucalion threw Theo away to Tracy and Josh. 'You take until there's nothing more to give.' Theo snapped his bones back into place. 'That's where you find the spark of power. And then, you take that as well. Pain, life, power. In that order and only that order. Do you understand?'

Theo balled his fist. 'Perfectly.'

He slowly stood up and turned around, having a very murderous look in his eyes. He extended his claws and without any sort of warning dug them into Josh's stomach.

Electricity enveloped both of them as Josh screamed. Deucalion turned away and Tracy held her arm protectively in front of her face. Keylee's eyes widened in shock and she turned around into Void's chest, before she could protest he had his arms already wrapped around her and they both had heir backs faced to the electricity and Theo murdering one of his own pack members.

When the screaming finally stopped, Theo let go of Josh and stood up. He stared at his bloodied claws. Everyone else slowly turned to him as well. Keylee looking horrified but on Voids command masking it with a blank expression.

Theo exhaled. 'I can feel it.'

'Good. Cause you just cost yourself one member of a small and inexperienced pack.' Deucalion spoke calmly.

Theo turned around to look at the others. 'What do you think?'

Tracy was the first to answer. 'I think he was small and inexperienced. And if you've got his power now, you can put on the mask.'

Theo looked at Keylee and Void. 'And you?'

Void shrugged. 'Never liked him.'

Theo kept staring at Keylee who blankly stared back. 'I think I don't recognize my childhood friend anymore. I think that if you go this far, that if you kill people for power, you will get it. But eventually you will end up alone. Just put that damn mask on and be careful with who you betray.'

Theo said nothing but picked up the mask. He stared at it for a while until Deucalion spoke up.

'This kind of power requires risk, Theo. Do it. Put on the mask. Discover the beast's identity and guarantee your place as an alpha. As a real werewolf.'

Theo brought the mask closer to his face. The sound of small electricity sparks erupted. Then he put it on. At first nothing seemed to happen but then he screamed. The screams were muffled through the mask and Theo gripped on the thing like his life was depending on it.

He eventually ripped the thing of and calmed down. 'It's Mason. Mason is the beast.'

time skip