Chapter 6: Poisonous

'So... you are telling me that the sheriff was poisoned by another chimera, and that Scott is trying to figure it out. You pretended to be Stiles and he believed you... And now you want me to be nice! Void! You have any idea how he acted towards me!? I don't even wanna see him, I just wanna forget him. I have you and Theo right? Why would I want anything to do with him!?'

'Because... you can trick him now, just pretend, alright? Just stick with the plan and take revenge.'

Keylee shook her head as Void parked the car in front of the hospital. 

'I'm not like that Void, I'm not like you. I don't want revenge, I just want to let it go...'

Keylee stared down at her shoes. Void gently took her hand. 'I know Kitten, but, please... Can you do this for me? We only have to act for a while... after that we can leave, I promise.'

Keylee thought about the offer. She wasn't sure if he would keep his promise but it wasn't a bad offer. She could leave the past behind after this. That's what she wanted, right? Yeah, that's what she wanted.

'Okay, but promise me, if you'll ever plan to go you take me with you.'

Void smirked. 'I won't leave you again, I'll protect you. I'll take you with me wherever I go, I promise.'

Perhaps it was a bad thing to trust a fox again. But in this case, it might be alright. For once, Void didn't think of a way to trick her. For once he was planning on keeping his promise.

They both stepped out of the car. 'So, you know what you are gonna do

'Look sad, look broken, look like Theo is the bad guy and like you, Stiles, convinced me it was all a trick.'

'Exactly. Let's go.'

Actually, it was kinda funny how Void had told her the truth before. Normally it's the fox who lies everything together, now it was the chimera. For once the fox revealed the truth. Not that anyone believed him, but still...

They both walked inside the hospital and went straight to the sheriff's room. Keylee was shocked when she saw him. He looked bad. He really looked like he was dying.

'Hey.' Void softly nudged her arm. 'You wanna try something?'

'Try what?'

'I want you to try communicate with him.'

Keylee looked at Void in utter shock. 'You want me.... to communicate with him? Like, have a conversation with the man who is so much dying he can't talk?'

Void rolled his eyes. 'No, I want you to have a conversation with the spirit of the man who's so much dying he can't talk.'

'Right...'

Keylee still stared at Void like he was crazy. 'Oh my- just do it alright? You can do it, technically.'

Void took Keylee at both her shoulders and brought her closer to the dying sheriff. Keylee moved a bit uncomfortable with her feet. 'I'm not sure this is a good idea. This is sheriff Stilinski. Like, Stiles dad. Like, the man who's more like a dad to me than my own dad.'

Void looked at Keylee from the corner of his eyes and frowned. 'Then... why aren't you sad? I mean, if he's like your dad and dying-'

'He's not dying! They are gonna safe him.'

Void turned towards Keylee and looked at her. She had crossed her arms stubbornly and looked up at him like he shouldn't dare to try and say anything else.

'Alright, I get it now. You are in denial. If you can talk to him he's really dying. Is this also why you didn't want to get in here? You were afraid you would see him with your cat eyes.'