Chapter 4: Plans and plotting

After a while of laying on the bed Keylee finally decided to get up. After all, there was no fun in just lying down and doing nothing. She needed to know why Theo had knocked her out, it wasn't necessary for the plan right? Now she thought about it, why would Stiles let a demon in anyways if he didn't care for her? 

Something just didn't add up. 

Keylee took a quick look in the mirror before she would leave and stared at her reflection. Perhaps she needed to shower first. 

So she did. She took a quick shower and when she came back she almost dropped the towel. Void was sitting on the bed, playing bored with a little bouncing ball.

He didn't look up when he heard her come in and continued to play with his bouncing ball. 'Oh, you're back. Great. Why do girls always take so long to shower?'

'I beg you pardon?'

'Not necessary. You really don't need to beg for it Kitten.'

'What the actual f*ck Void! Stop joking around! What do you want?'

Void caught the bouncing ball and turned around. He Widened his eyes at the lack of clothes and smiled slightly. Right as he was about to answer Keylee quickly tossed the towel in his face.

'Keep that up or turn around.'

'So much trust, but why so cold?'

Keylee scoffed. 'Serious? You just walked away and now act like nothing happened. I mean, I get you're a big bad demon who's scared of his feelings but this is not fair to me! Oh, and you can look again.'

Void tossed the towel away and stared at Keylee. She was wearing dark blue jean shorts and a red shirt. She looked around and Void tossed her her jacket from the bed. 'I assume you were looking for that.'

Keylee clenched her jaw slightly in annoyance. 'Maybe.' She admitted. She turned her back to Void so she faced the mirror. 

She looked different. Different from the girl she once was. She couldn't quite put her finger on what had changed but it felt better. More... like it was right...

'What is it with you and staring? Take a picture, it will last longer you know.'

Void grinned. 'Mirror I guess?'

'No, I have eyes in the back of my head. You get those once you get killed.'

'I'm sorry.'

Keylee stopped trying to get her hair in a ponytail and turned to Void. 'W-what?'

'I'm sorry.' Void said again. 'I, I regret killing you Keylee. I really do.'

Keylee stood silent for a while. She just stared at Void with a blank face until he shifted uncomfortable. Where did that came from? Why did he say that? And why was she just staring at him? Did she believe him? Void knew for sure he wouldn't believe himself. 'I get it if you don't believe me. I wouldn't either.'

'NO! No, that's- that's not it. I believe you. I know it when you're serious Void. Right now you are.'

'You know? How?'

Keylee smirked. 'That's for me to know and for you to find out. But why were you here again?'

Void stood up and handed her a knife. 'Because we need to train you.'

'We?'

Out of the blue Theo jumped in front of her, glowing eyes, fangs and claws out. Keylee shrieked and in a reflex slapped him hard across the face. 'THEO! WHAT THE HELL!? You scared the life out of me! Why did you do that?'