Chp 15 - A Team at Last

Another chapter has fallen out of the sky caused by your truly. I've been working long and hard for this chapter. This is the longest chapter I've ever written that my other book too. This might be the longest chapter of this book so ya'll are going to have a looong read today. At least about 25 mins long.

Annnnd, I must thank you all for 7.1k reads on this book and 51 followers! You guys are crazy but I love yall, thank you so much!!! 😭💗

Well, enjoy the chapter!

!Art above made by ashuorange! (I love this piece of artwork that I once made it my wallpaper for a looooong time)

—————————————————————————————

  Susie and Lancer had challenged the team into battle. Susie was confident and with Lancer at her side, she was sure she beat em. She smirked as she easily carried her mighty battle axe. She stared Kris, Y/N, and Ralsei down as if they were mere bugs that she can easily squash. She wasn't going to squish them like literal bugs though, but she ought to put some convincing on them to join their team.

Susie learned that she didn't need these losers, she didn't need anybody. She could take care of herself very well and threaten those who got in her way. All it took was a little push for someone to do what she wants and make them fear her. But deep inside, Susie knew that the loneliness and fear wasn't the best thing she asked for. Really it was the opposite of what she really wanted. She shook her head mentally and regained her focus back.

Nonetheless this was going to be fun.

-

Two bad guys blocked the way. Kris stood in a ready battle position.  Ready, Kris decided to start with Susie first. They tried convincing Susie not to fight, but Susie interrupted them(♡). "No way! Shut up and fight!" She growled with ignorance. It had no effect. After that they attacked.  Y/N's soul was sent into the battlefield. Kris grew a little tense at that. Would Susie and Lancer show mercy? Once after that Susie did something unexpected. She jumped on top of Lancer's head who didn't seem to mind one bit. The start of an engine starting vroomed loudly and suddenly Lancer rode his morticycle towards Y/N who managed to dodge it but then the attacks of the sharp blade of Susie's axe seemed to land her.  The attack from Susie seemed to come out of nowhere. They could hear Y/N grunting in pain. The move would look funny but it was dangerous, two attacks merged into one. "They really have become friends, really an amazing team," Ralsei gaped.

"Are you okay?" Kris asked Y/N once her soul returned to its respected owner. "I'm alright, it didn't take too much damage," Y/N gave a determined grin. Though still unsure, they gave her a dark candy. They held it on the palm of their hand and waited for Y/N to take it. "I think its best to use it later," Y/N said/ Kris lightly shared their head in defense. As a sign of defeat she grabbed the candy and ate it. Her E/C eyes shined once she tasted it, showing that she enjoyed the desert. Kris gave a small smile. How they're mouth formed upwards felt unusual, especially forming because of someone. Kris wanted to ponder more into it but they knew they must shift their thoughts back into the battle.

Kris could see Susie and Lancer gloating about how great their team is. Kris ordered Ralsei to flatter the team. "You two look like a really great team! I'm proud!" Ralsei complimented enthusiastically. Lancer's face beamed at the compliment. He became convinced with Ralsei's compliment. Susie chuckled lightly, "Flattery won't work on US!!" "Oh!!! It's working on me!!!" Lancer said. Looks like it was working on Lancer. Susie was known to be well strong and fearless. She seemed unaffected by Ralsei's compliments. While Lancer is a bit reckless and childish, he seemed to be easy to please..

They aim for Lancer.

Convincing the both of them may not be possible, but if they convince at least one, they'll have a winning chance.