Chp 20 - A King's Fury

Heya y'all! I hope you all had a great day/night.
I'm back with another chapter for you all and woooo! This is a verrrrryyyyy long chapter. I'm not even kidding

This chapter is by far one of my favorite chapters that I've ever written as a writer. A peek on what's ahead, an emotional rollercoaster I tell you. I've always awaited to write this and thought and dreamed of how this will turn out. And it's as exactly how it's written. So I hope you enjoy this chapter, well not really enjoy but I hope you find this chapter worth it because it took me many days to complete this

Now, enjoy the chapter!

!WARNING: Gore up ahead!

!Artwork above made by @eints01 on Insta!

———————————————————————

Kris's POV:

The Spade King blocked he the way. He gripped his personal weapon and sneered towards the Lightners. Kris ordered Ralsei to talk with the enemy. If anybody could calm someone's anger, it was him. They ordered the other two to defend themselves. Kris checked their heals. They didn't have much but they believed it would be enough to last the battle now that they were better at battles.

"You might not realize it, but this is a world where you don't have to fight. I know if we try, we can all find another way," Ralsei tried to reason with the King. "Such simple-minded platitudes, a shame you will not live to realize your naivety," The King mocked. "Now, perish with the pathetic LIGHTNERs you worship!" The King finished. Well, there goes that idea of talking to the King with Ralsei. Ralsei furrowed his brows after the King's sentence. "Sorry, my friends and I aren't going anywhere!" Ralsei persist. Ralsei's will changed. Talk became Dual Heal! "If you guys are in any need of healing, just let me know and I'll be happy to help," Ralsei informed the others with a kind smile. "Thank you, Ralsei," Y/N thanked him. Susie's soul went out to dark battlefield. "How dare you come here, Lightners?" The King said angrily he shot spades towards Susie's attack who smirked and dodged.

Since Ralsei couldn't convince the King, perhaps Susie could. Ordering her to talk with the King, the others defended themselves. "Arright, listen up. Lancer's my friend. So if we can get by without hurting you, then.." Susie tried to reason with the King. "If I perish, so be it! Show my son the monster you REALLY are!" The King resisted grinning. "Arright, you wanna see what I can do, huh?" Susie growled, her golden eyes glowing through her hair. Susie's will changed. Talk became Red Buster! "Talking is not gonna budge this guy. And if he won't move, I'll just move him by force," Susie growled with defiance. As Kris didn't want to attack, they were running out of options. If all fails, they would have to fight..

The King's mouths gave a berserk smile. This time, everyone went to the battlefield which was unusual. "You, that left us in the shadows, stripped of meaning.." The King frowned. Kris looked down after they said that, but before they could think, the King threw his weapon towards the battlefield and moved it up and down. It messed up Kris and the others out of nowhere, not knowing the spades that aimed for them. And before they notice they were coming, they got damaged badly, the fighting area slightly making Kris's head spin. Kris decided it was their turn to talk, and ordered Ralsei to perform Duel Heal as they had enough TP. "We don't mean any harm, just let us pass and close the fountain and we'll-" Kris tried to reason to the King with a calm voice but was interrupted by him. "Silence, Lightbringer! Your very existence goes against our own..By the Knight's will, I shall shatter your heart to pieces!" The King challenged. Kris's look darkened and as they stared to the evil King, their will changed. Talk became Courage!

"Let me talk with him next turn," Y/N held a hand to their armored shoulder. Kris nodded, and Y/N gave a thankful smile. Kris smiled back. "You DARE return to torment us once again?" The King yelled out. Kris's soul was sent out. Up ahead we're incoming spears that were raining down above their soul. Before they could hit directly on their soul, Kris's soul was able to dodge swiftly. More spears came but was only able to hit the empty space Kris's soul left.