⭐️ - The Woman That Fell From The Sky

~~~

How could a simple walk in the park go so wrong?

Peach remembers bits and pieces of what happened. Daisy's laughter, the taste of the tea she was having, a bright blue light, her screaming for help.

Then it all stopped.

Then it went dark.

Now, she heard voices in whispers as she was poked around.

She became conscious and opened her eyes a bit, but the lights were too bright, making her groan as she held a hand to her eyes.

The whispers and poking stopped and she felt stares on her.

Opening her eyes carefully, she managed to adjust to the light. The first thing she saw was a creamy light orange ceiling with hanging lights. She slowly blinked again to get more adjusted to the lights.

Then there was a face.

"AH!"

"AHH!"

Peach shot up in surprise, but hit her head against the other person's head. She held her forehead in pain.

"Oh, great job MK, now she's even more hurt." A gruff male voice stated.

"You can't just do things like that." A more calmer male voice added in.

"I know, I know." A younger sounding male voice, MK maybe, groaned.

"Hey, you okay?" In came a young girl, the first person Peach could properly see. She had black hair with green dyed strands on the side pieces. She wore all white with a green two-toned varsity jacket.

She helped Peach sit up slowly, a hand rubbing her back carefully. "Yes, I think I'm alright now. Thank you, um..." Peach blanked, staring at the girl.

"Oh, right. Sorry, name's Mei? You are?"

"Peach, nice to meet you Mei." Peach smiled politely, only to wince and hold her cheek and feel a bandaid. She looked down at herself and spotted many more bandages and some gauze on her.

"What happened?" She asked. Mei frowned at that. "Well, MK found you in an alleyway where he was fighting some villains. He said you fell in and got caught in the scuffle and got super banged up, so he brought you here." Mei explained.

"Yeah, you got pretty beat up. Glad you're awake now, we were getting worried." The boy who hit her head spoke up. "I'm MK. Sorry for spooking you."

"It's okay, at least it isn't as serious as whatever I got here." Peach tried to lighten the mood a bit, which worked, as MK chuckled, albeit a bit awkwardly.

"Alright, move aside." The calm male voice pushed MK to the side as he approached her. "Sorry, but we kinda gotta change your bandages again, you've been out for quite some time."

Peach pursed her lips worriedly. "Um, how long is quite some time, mr...?"

"I'm Tang. And you've been out for a good 7 hours since I last bandaged you. But in total, about 8 hours."

Peach's eyes widened. 8 hours!? Oh, Daisy must be worried sick.

"I'll change them up, if you don't mind. Pigsy." He turned to... a bipedal pig man? "Can you make her something to eat?"

Pigsy nodded. "Sure, I'll make something quick." He walked off to the back.

"If you don't mind me asking, where exactly am I?" Peach asked as Tang held out one of her arms and rolled up her sweater sleeve. Peach cringed at the bloody gauze underneath.