🌸 - Royal Pain

~~~

"My name is Princess Peach Toadstool, and I am the current ruler of the Mushroom Kingdom. Before I was dropped here, I was on a walk in my gardens with my cousin, Princess Daisy of Sarasaland. I have been ruling the kingdom on my own since I was 16 years old, I'm 25 now, so I've been ruling for about 9 — almost 10 years."

"If you don't mind me asking." Tang spoke up, interrupting Peach. "What about your parents?"

"My parents used to be the rulers before me, obviously, however after my mother passed away, my father retreated from his post out of grief, leaving me to rule."

"That's so sad." MK frowned, looking at Peach with sympathy. Mei huffed. "I can't believe your dad did that. If I were him, I would've kept going strong."

"Because of me being the only one on the throne, I have had many suitors ask for my hand in marriage, but none of them were more persistent and annoying than Bowser, the Koopa King, and ruler of the Darklands."

"I got a bad feeling about this..." Mei mumbled, and Peach nodded. "You'd be right."

"Bowser was really annoying. His obsession is so bad that I've lost count of how many times he's kidnapped me."

"He's kidnapped you!?" They all yelled out in shock.

"Moving on from that—."

"You can't just move on from that!" Pigsy exclaimed. Peach gave him a pointed look. "Watch me."

"The Mushroom Kingdom isn't of this... realm? World? Galaxy? I don't know, it just isn't on this planet."

"Then how did you get here?" MK asked. He remembers the first day he met Peach vividly, her saying that she needs to get home to Brooklyn. "You said you lived in Brooklyn."

"It wasn't a complete lie. In order to go to the Mushroom Kingdom, you must travel deep into the abandoned pipe system that lay underneath Brooklyn. That's one of the only gateways to the Mushroom Kingdom."

"One of...? Are there more?" Tang asked.

"Yes. Aside from the one in Brooklyn, there's also one in Berlin, Los Angeles, Paris, Bangkok, Sydney, and Tokyo."

MK hummed. "That's a lot of places. Why not go to one that's closer?"

"The one in Brooklyn is the easiest to get to the Mushroom Kingdom, considering that it's right on its outskirts. The other places will land me somewhere completely different, like Paris landing me in the middle of a forest."

"Yikes." Sandy muttered.

"Yeah, so I'd prefer the Brooklyn option. Anyways, this isn't my first time in this world. Like I said, there's many other pipes that lead to where I'm from. Have any of you ever heard of those random kart races that would happen? Paris Promenade or New York Minute ring any bells?"

"Ohmigosh no way!" Mei immediately began fangirling. "Was that you!?"

Peach nodded. "And my friends yeah."

"Which leads me to saying this. If we ever need somewhere to hide, I'm pretty sure Dragon Driftway is open. Either that or the Dragon Palace."

"This is so cool! If we weren't out saving the entirety of the world right now I would totally go to race there right now!" Mei exclaimed excitedly.

"Worse comes to worse, I'm pretty sure there's a Rainbow Road on this world. So if we figure out how to get to space, we can just relax and plan on a racetrack made purely of rainbow."

"THAT'S AMAZING W H A T!?" Mei and MK shouted.

Peach nodded. "I know. But that's essentially it. I'm a Princess of a kingdom that doesn't exist on this earth. End of story."

"That's actually pretty cool." Pigsy admits, and Mei nods. "Yeah! That's awesome Peachy!"

"Question though." MK spoke up. "Did Monkey King know? He did call you Princess yesterday."

"Nah." Monkey King spoke up from his meditation to answer. "It was just a cute nickname, didn't realize how true it was."

Everyone 'ahhh'd and nodded in understanding.

"I just wanna say, I called it!" Tang shouted, making Pigsy shove his face away. "No you didn't!"

"Well... I was suspicious that there was something more to Peach."

"What gave it away?" Peach asked, genuinely curious. "It was all the way back with the Rabbids, Rabbid Peach had a Princess getup, crown and all. Please tell me you all caught on as well..."

Everyone looked away, whistling awkwardly. Tang deadpanned. "Really guys?"

"I mean, to be fair, I was hiding it." Peach said, which Sandy then asked, "Why? Why hide it?"

"I'm in a somewhat unfamiliar world filled with even more unfamiliar people, all of whom are powered up in their own right. Who knows who would try and harm me knowing I was a princess." Peach said dramatically.

She then shrunk down a bit. "Also it would be really awkward. You guys are my friends, it would be weird for you guys to treat my like a Princess."

"Aww Peach!" MK cried as he and Mei squished her in a hug. "We won't treat you any different!"

Mei agreed. "Yeah! We're besties!"

Peach smiled gratefully. "Thanks guys. You're all seriously the best!"

The three finished their group hug before Peach huffed, fanning herself. "Now is it just me, or does it feel like the sun got angrier?"

~~~

Thank you for reading

Royal Pain
(Filler Chapter :D

Look out for the next adventure in...

Smartie Kid

AN: sorry this one's so short! it's literally just a small conversation that was made to reveal Peach's backstory to the others, as well as connect the last chapter to the next one

(I got in a bunch of references though >:3)

I really hope you all enjoyed it!