⭐️ - Impossible Delivery

~~~

The day started off normal enough. Get out of bed, get dressed, eat breakfast with and feed Mr.Fluff-Butt, and get down to work.

"MK's with Monkey King again?" Peach deadpanned as Pigsy handed her the bags of noodle orders. "Yeah, he left even earlier than normal just to get down to training." He answered gruffly. "He should be starting up his shift soon." The pig demon answered gruffly.

Peach nodded in understanding before grabbing her keys and helmet. "Well, guess that means I should get started then. I'll be back!"

~~~

One such order took her back to that abandoned theatre that housed the mysterious hooded man (with the very handsome voice). She noticed a note on the front door.

Noodle Girl,

Knock on the side door in the alleyway, that's the door next to my office, so I normally answer that one.

Thank you,
Mac

'Mac', huh? Let's just hope he won't sucker punch her like a certain other Mac. There was an arrow at the bottom of the note so she went to the left alleyway.

She rounded the corner and into the shady darkness, the only light being from some coloured lights from small billboards with advertisements on them.

She knocked on the door and waited a bit, awkwardly looking around the alleyway, before the door was answered a crack, the hooded man standing behind the door.

"Pigsy's Noodles!"

"Ah, wonderful." He smirked. He handed her the money needed, as well as a tip and she gave him his noodles.

"You know, you're actually kinda cute for a delivery girl, you know?" Mac flirted. Peach flushed pink, and his voice certainly didn't help.

"Ah— um, thank you? Thanks." Peach stammered. She wasn't used to people flirting with her. Sure, there was Bowser and his compliments, but that was different because that's Bowser and he kidnapped her again.

"Thanks again, peaches." He smirked wider and winked before shutting the door.

Peach felt like her poor heart was going to beat out of her chest.

...

Her shadow is weird...

~~~

"Hey, uh, MK. You mind explaining to me why I have two hundred orders of noodles that haven't been delivered yet?!" Peach heard Pigsy yell as she entered the noodle restaurant.

"I thought Peach was gonna do it?" MK side hugged Peach awkwardly, who just gave him an 'are you kidding me' stare.

"I already took up your whole shift this morning, so no." Peach pushed MK off and sat next to Tang, MK pouted.

"Distraction. That's your greatest weakness, MK. You need to follow through on the task at hand. Understand?" He explained before turning back to MK, expecting some type of response, but instead, he was tapping away at his phone.

"Huh?" MK hummed, confused. Pigsy threw a wooden spoon at his head. "That's it. I'm done. It's over. Pack your bags. You're outta here."

MK gasped. "What?! Give me another chance. Please. I-I can do better!" The successor pleaded on his knees.

They were interrupted when Pigsy got a short call. He spoke to the other end for a few seconds before hanging up and turning back to MK. "Fine. One more chance. But, if you slip up, even a little bit- Well, the Deliverybot 9000 is surprisingly affordable." He showed the Deliverybot 9000 on his phone.