✨ - On The Run

~~~

In the Celestial Realm, Monkey King tries dodging Ne Zha's attacks and spear. He notices the map.

"Finally, an opening." Wukong tries to grab the map, but the seal pushes him back. "Ugh, the ol' magical barrier trick. I should've seen that one coming."

Ne Zha appears dramatically. "That seal is strong enough to protect the map from any who would steal it. Even you, Sun Wukong. Do you have any idea what you're doing?"

"Uh yeah, I'm the Monkey King. Trust me

Ne Zha chuckles darkly. "Trust you? No. You ruined any chance of that long ago."

"Honestly, Ne Zha, when did you stop being fun?" Wukong rushes to get the map, but Ne Zha stops him and starts fighting him.

"I alone should've been entrusted with keeping that map safe." Said the third lotus prince.

Monkey King smirked smugly. "Somebody's sounding jealous!"

"It was our solemn duty. Our oath was to protect this world from the Samadhi Fire!"

"Yeah well, something worse came along. Why do you think I need to use it? Come on!"

Ne Zha huffed. "Out of respect for your past friendship with the great monk, I will allow you to leave this place safely. But the fire will remain unforged. Hidden. The map stays here."

"I know you take your security job pretty seriously, but I do need the map. So you see the problem right?" Wukong duplicates himself and the clones come at him and restrain Ne Zha. "You want me to leave it, I want me to take it! Eh, it's a toughie."

"What? Don't do this!" Be Zha pleaded.

"I'm sorry, it's the only way."

"Wukong, that barrier is designed to protect that map at all costs. If you force your way through it, it could destroy us both!"

Monkey King shrugged. "Yeah, I know. But you gotta crack a few eggs to make an omelet."

"What? That doesn't mean you should!" Wukong forces his way through the barrier and successfully grabs the map, destroying the temple. "Wukong..."

Monkey King laughs triumphantly. "Look Ne Zha, keep up the training. Who knows? Maybe one day, you'll be tough enough to beat me!"

Lightning and wind strikes, and he senses that MK is in trouble. "Kid!"

"Wukong, you idiot! You'll doom us all!" Ne Zha yelled after Monkey King as he escapes with his Magic cloud. "Wukong, you fool."

~~~

"It was then when the Lady Bone Demon played her final move." Tang narrated what he wrote in his journal dramatically. "Even with the combined might of Peach, the Monkie Kid and the Monkey King, their all was simply not enough. The villain was victorious, plunging the world into darkness."

The Dronecopter flies through a storm as it stops. MK is on the deck looking back sadly. Peach was by his side, comforting him.

"Now, any chance of hope lies in the hands of a monkey, and a kid who wishes he was a monkey." Tang finished.

Despite the bleak circumstances they were all in, Peach couldn't help but snicker.

MK groans tiredly. "Mr. Tang, would you quit it?"

The journal is snatched from Tang's hands by Pigsy, and the human man gasps in anger.

"You've been reading your diary out loud literally all day. You're bummin' everybody out!" Pigsy yelled out in a scolding manner.