🌸 - Ferocious Flames

~~~

Peach has probably never felt this angry since the time she had to save the Mayor.

She sat inside the T.E.A as Sandy drove them to their next location, which was this city that wasn't too far from where they were.

"Only about a day away, not that long." He said.

And as much as Peach appreciates Sandy for everything he does, "not that long" her butt, that was too far away! What if the Lady Bone Demon had already reached there, then what?

Lady Bone Demon won't stop until she gets what she wants, she's persistent like that. It also doesn't help that the Shadow Queen is back in her head, and is more likely than not to join forces with said Bone Demon and Macaque.

She was right, why now? Why not before this all happened, what is the bigger play here?

She was so lost in thought, worried that they wouldn't make it to the city in time, that she didn't even notice how her foot was loudly tapping the floor until Monkey King sat next to her. "You're looking a bit antsy Princess, you good?" Peach jumped and would have fallen over if it weren't for the simian catching her and pulling her back upright.

"Sorry, I just..." She let out a frustrated sigh as she fell back to lay on the floor, arms and legs spread out like a goldfish. Her foot started tapping again, but it was only tapping the air.

Monkey King looked worried and confused. "You just what?" He repeated her words back at her."What if she gets there before us? We'll be too late." Peach muttered into her hands.

This caught MK and Mei's attention and they both sat down with her. "What's happening?"

"Peachy is scared." Monkey King responded, which got quite a reaction out of her.

She sat up, eyes blown wide and flames licking her hair. "I am NOT scared!" She yelled. Wukong smiled nervously, hands up in surrender.

"Then what is it?" Mei asked as she laid Peach back down, this time her head was in her lap so she could play with her hair. Peach let Mei braid, despite the fire in her hair, and continued. "I'm just worried. What if we don't make it in time and they find the ring before us? Then what?"

"Hey, don't worry about it too much! Even if they do find the ring -which I highly doubt they will since only we have the map- we'll still have the other two rings with us, and we won't give it to them! Besides, this city is in the middle of nowhere, I don't think they'll know." MK explained.

"Yeah, I guess, but I read some of the Journey to the West and..." Peach trailed off, turning from MK to Wukong, then asked, "can't Macaque hear everything all over the world?"

For a split second, everyone blue screened, just realizing that they were probably screwed. Wukong shook his head and gently took one of Peach's hands into his. "Hey, even if that were the case, I can still easily kick Macaques butt!" He declared.

Peach blushed a bit, before smiling uncertainly.

Then what was this foreboding feeling?

Then the T.E.A was rudely stopped, causing the people and the entire car to shake.

"What's wrong?" MK asked, getting up and rushing to the front, where Sandy, Pigsy and Tang looked concerned.

Ah, there it was...

Just in front of the T.E.A, where the jungle ended and a mountain-y forest area began, there was what looked like a small lake of water right in front of their path. 

It looked like any other unassuming lake they have seen in the jungle, but it had that uncanny valley feeling, instead of the teal-green colour the other lakes had, this one was crystal clear, and glowed a sky blue colour.