✨ - Smartie Kid

~~~

The team is now rolling along in the Desert. Peach laid on the floor next to Monkey King, who was meditating. It was too hot...

"Are we sure we're going in the right direction?" Sandy asked as Tang looked over the map with a complicated expression.

"Not a clue. All Monkey King said to do was head west,so—." The scholar looked worried.

Mei huffed impatiently. "How did anyone ever get anywhere using these?"

"Yo, blue thing, want to crank up that AC, brother?" Everyone looked at Monkey King with various looks. Peach's just so happened to be a scrutinizing glare. She would have smacked him on the head for his bluntness, but MK stopped her.

"Uh, hey. Little help up front, Monkey King?" Mei asked, Monkey King tilts his head back and fake snores, making the dragon girl snarl. "Hey, I know you can hear me!"

"No, I can't."

"Mei, Monkey King needs to recharge after his fight with Ne Zha. He is in no state to waste his time on mere mortals. Especially now that I don't have my powers." MK exclaimed.

Peach looked at him worriedly as he laid down next to her. He looked very sure of himself...

Pigsy startled. "Whoa, he told you that?"

MK nodded. "We have a very honest relationship, Pigsy. Besides, that kind of Mystic Monkey meditation requires complete focus, apparently." Pigsy facepalms while Mei sighs.

"Come on, MK, don't be so glum! We'll roll down that window. Lil' fresh air never hurt—." Sandy and Mo scream as flames fly in through the window. "That's so much worse!" Sandy rolls the window back up. Mo stamps out the fire from his hair.

HOW HOT IS IT OUT THERE!?

"Kid, you know there's more to you than just your powers, right?" Pigsy said, and MK nodded.

"Exactly. I've accepted until I get my staff back, I'm not gonna be the strong one anymore, which is why I'm gonna be... the smart one!"

Tang did a double take, looking at him like he just insulted him directly. "Excuse me?"

Mei facepalmed and shook her head. "Oh, MK."

"a2 + b2 = c2 Oh, that's a triangle, boi!" MK declared confidently. "I love geometry!" Peach smiled.

Tang raised an eyebrow. "Right, so how did this map work exactly? How does it know where to find the three Rings of Samadhi?"

"This sounds like a job for Smartie Kid!" He examines the map. "I guess that symbol looks kinda like that one?"

"What," Mei rubs the red ring on the map. "those smudgey-looking things?"

MK nodded. "Yes, right? It's the, you know, firey-looking one?"

Firey looking ones...? Peach looked at the map with narrowed eyes as the gears in her head began to turn.

Pigsy then spoke up impatiently. "Not to rush anyone, but how far 'till the next pit stop? This desert's going on forever!"

"Hm, well if this map is up-to-date, then it looks like we're pretty close to... something?" MK said, and the others groan. "It's fine, guys! Right, Sandy?"

Sandy nods. "Of course, yeah." The T.E.A. then breaks down. They look at the thermometer. Sandy stutters. "Oh, uh, I mean no."

Outside, Sandy takes a look at the engine while the others check out the desert.

"So, how is meditating going to help him recharge or whatever he's doing?" Mei asked as MK set Monkey King onto the sand.

MK shrugged. "I don't know. He's a little sketchy on the details." MK pokes Monkey King while Mei snaps photos of him.