💫 - Sweet 'n' Sour

~~~

It was a crash and a scream that woke up Peach from her sleep. She shot up in fear and shock, panicked and worried for her friends.

She woke up later than she normally did, the strange night of insomnia she had after the whole blindfold fiasco not helping her sleep at all.

She decided to just not get dressed and ran down in her pyjamas, too worried to care about anything besides the safety of her friends.

"What happened!?" She yelled out as she Tran into the restaurant. She was met with an angry Pigsy, confused MK, and a shattered window with glass all over the floor. The perpetrator most likely being the brick surrounded by said glass with a note taped to it.

"Oh my Star Sprites!" Peach rushed over to the mess. "Are you guys alright!? No ones hurt?"

"We're fine Peachy! Just startled is all." MK exclaimed, still taking deep breaths.

Peach quickly looked the two over and after determining that they didn't need her healing, she picked up the note from the brick.

"Dear Pigsy's Noodles,
WE CHALLENGE YOU TO A FOOD WAR! Whoever wins stays in business, but the loser has to close shop, FOR GOOD!!!

We'll see you later this week on Friday, at 5 pm.

NOT sincerely yours,
Speedy Panda"

Peach looked at the note in a mix of worry, confusion, and 'I'm too tired for this'.

"Pigsy, are you really gonna..." Peach trailed off worriedly. The pig demon looked back at her, a snarling look on his face. "Whaddya think? 'Course I am! I ain't closin' down shop any time soon."

Then began the week of absolute torture.

As MK and Pigsy tried earnestly to earn the favours of the locals, Speedy Panda was seen as more useful by today's society due to its convenience, even though its food was absolutely horrid.

Peach had it once and the poor girl threw up.

The week had passed by in a blur and soon, the day of the food war had closed, and Pigsy was not ready to give into defeat.

"I ain't closing this shop! We need something that we can win for sure!" He exclaimed.

Tang spoke up. "How about a cook-off?" Peach nodded in agreement. "Ooh yeah! That's a good idea."

MK gasped in excitement. "Yeah! With a panel of judges too! We'll be sure to win with how good Pigsy's cooking is!"

"I'll make a letter then." Peach offered, pulling a paper and pen out from nowhere.

"Where did those come from?" Tang asked. Peach shrugged. "You never know when you need to invite someone over for cake." She responded simply before writing.

"Dear Speedy Panda,
You may have won this round, but we're not finished yet. Now WE challenge YOU to a COOK-OFF!!! Loser closes down and winner gets bragging rights!

Meet us at the tv station tomorrow at 12 noon sharp!

NOT yours truly,
Pigsy's Noodles"