🌸 - The Bake-off

~~~

"Are. You. Kidding. Me?" Peach groaned as she placed the note back down on her table, face buried in her hands. She then dragged her hands down her face as she dramatically groaned even louder.

"Meet me in the bakery on Rose Rd. I challenge you to a bake-off." Was all it said.

She already had to deal with the cook-off, now she has to deal with a bake-off?

Well, she knew she would win, all that cake baking should count for something.

"Peach? Is something wrong?" MK's muffled voice came from behind her door, a worried tone in his voice. Peach snatched the note and went to open the door.

"You okay?" MK asked, the blonde simply shoved the note in his face, the sound of paper against face rang out. MK took the paper off his face and read through it, his face slowly changing from confusion and curiosity, to a face of pure 'w h y ?'.

"Seriously?" He asked tiredly. Peach nodded, equally as tired. "Any idea who it is?" The blonde shook her head, making MK groan. "That's even worse. Guess we have no choice then..."

"Hold up, we?" Peach parroted, MK nodded. "Yeah! I'm going to help you."

The woman's response was immediate, she took MK by the shoulders and sat him down in a chair in their kitchen. "MK, look, I appreciate it, but I think I can handle it. At some point, all this helping others is going to land you in an intervention."

"Okay..." MK pouted childishly. Peach smiled. "Glad you understand, NOW!" MK jumped as Peach turned on her heel and strode back into her room. "I must come up with a recipe to knock their socks off! Don't bother me, please."

She was gonna win.

~~~

The day came, and Peach definitely wasn't expecting who she was facing off against.

"Hello! I'm so glad you could make it!" Peach remembered her, a little girl with a cat that she had delivered to once. She had her hair styled nicely, as well as a nice blue dress, but she wore an apron over top of it.

"It's so nice to meet you again!" The girl walked up to her, almost like she was gliding, and immediately took one of Peach's hands in hers and shook it rapidly. "I saw you on tv earlier and I became a big fan! You're so cool!"

"Oh my... thank you?" Peach responded awkwardly as the little girl released her hand. "If you don't mind me asking, why exactly did you invite me here? And for a bake-off?"

"Honestly? I just wanted to have some fun. I like a challenge." The little girl replied, before she could get another word in, the host stepped in.

"Ladies, get to your stations, we begin in 5 minutes." He said.

Peach nodded and turned to go to her station, completely missing the heated glare the little girl was sending the host, her eyes an icy blue.

~~~

"Good morning Megapolis, and welcome to... The Bake-Off!" The audience cheered. "Today will be two rounds of non-stop baking from our lovely contestants here!"

Peach waved at the camera, and MK, who was watching the tv, waved back. Mei chuckled. "You know she can't see you, right?" MK pouted. "I know, won't stop me though."

Back in the studio, everything was set up for the Bake-Off.

A large baking sheet was laid out, the ingredients ready to take a bite or two. Peach was already dressed, wearing a pink floral apron with 'Princess' written in cursive writing a black tshirt underneath it with a pink bow tie. Her hair was pulled back into a neat bun, and a small pink hat rested on top, making her look even cuter than usual.