✨ - Amnesia Rules

~~~

Attacks come in as Peach, Tang, Pigsy, and Mo cower in the T.E.A. with Monkey King, who's still meditating.

"We're all gonna die. We're all gonna die! The two of us aren't built for the action stuff, Pigsy. We're sidekicks at best and you know it." Tang cried out in fear.

Peach was touched that Tang had such confidence in her abilities. Pigsy though, he just rubbed Wukong by his shirt. "B-But wait, Pigsy! It's—!"

"Dangerous to wake someone from a transcendental meditation." I know, I know! But so is whatever is out there! Okay, I have an idea. I've been saving this for a special occasion. Tang, I present the Chaos Ultra Ghost Pepper of Doom! It's so hot, you'll get third-degree burns just from looking at it." Pigsy declared with a triumphant smirk.

Peach recoiled in disgust, the spice coming off of the pepper messing with her senses. How does a pepper mess with your hearing?

"Uh, are you sure you should be keeping that in your pocket?" The scholar asked worriedly.

"Well, if anything's going to wake up Monkey King, it'll be this. Incoming!" Pigsy shoves the pepper into Monkey King's mouth. Monkey King wakes up in the middle of meditation with the last vision of his companions.

"Stand back, Master! Sun Wukong will handle this demon!" And Monkey King kicks open the door and hops out, looking around for any danger. "Hmm, guess I must have scared it off." He chuckled. "Master, it's safe to come out now. You too, Piglet."

"Master?!"

"Piglet?!"

"What happened to him?" Peach looked at Monkey King worriedly, as said monkey groaned dramatically.

"Ugh, fine. Zhu Bajie, better?" His words only served to confuse everyone more.

"Uh, what is happening right now?" Pigsy asked confusedly.

Tang stepped forward. "Uh, Monkey— Uh, Sun Wukong? Who exactly do you think we are?"

"What kind of question is that, Master?" He gasps, dropping Mo, the cat immediately making his new spot Peach's arms. "Unless, Master, you've lost your memory!" Pigsy chuckles as Monkey King shakes Tang. "You have to remember who you are! That's Zhu Bajie, the Celestial Swine! This is Sha Wujing of the Flowing Sands River! This is the pretty peach maiden that we're supposed to help find her friends! And you are the Great Monk Tang Sanzang! We're on a journey to deliver sacred texts to the West! I'm your loyal companion, bound to keep you safe from demons who know if they eat you, they'll become immortal! You! Have! To! Re-Mem-Ber!"

Peach tilted her head, slight blush on her cheeks when Monkey King gestured to her, calling her a 'pretty peach maiden'. Mo and Peach looked at each other, incredibly worried and confused.

"Okay, okay, I remember." Tang said woozily, trying to shake off his sudden dizziness.

Monkey King grins. "Excellent!" He gasps again. "Where's my staff?"

"See Pigsy? I told you, this is exactly why you don't wake someone from a transcendental meditation. We broke the Monkey King! He thinks he is his past self and we're his old companions! If we don't find a way to bring our Monkey King back, we're gonna be stuck with this one." Tang scolded Pigsy, pointing at the amnesiac Monkey King, who mistook a stick for his staff.

Peach cringed slightly.

"So this is just the amnesia rules, right? So we bonk him on his dumb head and boom! Back to normal." Pigsy exclaimed.

"What'd you say, Piglet?" Monkey King glared at Pigsy, which was a glare just as heatedly returned. "Piglet?! Oh, that's it."

"Master, just say the word, and this little piggy will be a steamed ham!" Monkey King pointed his harmless —yet believably overpowered— stick at Pigsy, who was completely unphased.