1.1: The Dragon's call part 4

Today was a new day, I was just hoping it wouldn't be as emotional as yesterday.

The task of the day was to deliver a new dress to Lady Morgana for the Banquet of tonight.

The walk to Lady Morgana's chamber wasn't long. The door was open, so I let myself in since Morgana allowed me to. When I entered the room, I was confused by finding Merlin in here and also amused by the conversation.

« You know I've been thinking about Arthur. I wouldn't touch him with a lance pole » I laugh under my breath at that. I knew for a few months now the dislike Lady Morgana has for Arthur. They were always bickering like children.
As I was about to talk, Lady Morgana beat me to it.
« Pass me the dress will you, Gwen? » she asked now I was more confused. Was she thinking Merlin was Gwen?
« I mean, the man's a total Jester. Just because I'm the king's ward, that doesn't mean I have to accompany him to the feast, does it? » She said, while Merlin took the green dress that was laying on the sofa and passed her. He didn't respond to anything, since she wasn't really talking to him.

I choose to remain silent at the spectacle before my eyes

« Well, does it? »

« Mmhh » he hummed in a pitch voice

« If he wants me to go, then he should invite me. And he hasn't. So do you know what that means? »

« Mmhhh mmhh »

« Where are you? » She asked

« Here » he replied behind a cloak. I was trying so much not to laugh, tears were welling in my eyes.

« It means I'm going by myself. I need some help with the fastening » okay now we need to find a solution.

« Gwen ?»

« I am here » gwen answered

« You're a life saviour » I mouthed to her

We both get out of the chamber just to re-enter just a few seconds later

« So it's whether I wear this little tease... or give them a night they'll really remember. »

« Or you could wear this ... so they all fall to their knees before you » I said, entering the room, showing the dress Lydia and I were working on. It was a beautiful dark red dress which leave the shoulder bare and golden vine embroidered around the waist

« This is the one » she said with wide eyes

≪ ◦ ❖ ◦ ≫