1.3 The Mark of Nimueh part 8

NOT PROOFREAD

>>>>>>

Morgana didn't waste anytime, and went rapidly to Arthur's chambers, after waiting for him inside, her ally appeared.

« Are you alright? » he asked surprised  seeing her here « I'm sorry about all this » referring to all the dishes and left of foods on his table « Merlin's not been in today. » he continued

« Poor Merlin » She replied

« Yeah »

« To offer to give up his life to save Gwen's. I certainly can't imagine any man loving me so much. » Morgan was always someone who always knew what was happening around her, a sort of hyper sensibility, feelings that she could feels around her even if their wasn't toward her, she didn't need much time to find to who they were directed. She knew everything, and sometimes before the people knew themselves.

« No, I certainly can't imagine that either. » The Prince sighed

« That's because you're not like Merlin. He's a lover. » 

« Yeah, maybe that's because i haven't found the right person to love. »

« Or someone is too scared and blind to see what's in front of them... » Morgana tried to hint the young man « Sadly the age of gallantry seems to be dead. You look around an all you see are small men, not big enough to fill their armor. There's not one of them that's able to stand up to what is right. »

« What do you want me to do?. » Morgana always knew and once again it proved her right to use what makes men the most capable to do something. You just need to give their ego a little boost.

≪ ◦ ❖ ◦ ≫

Merlin was waiting, in the courtyard, for Morgana and possibly Arthur, if she succeeded to convince him with their plan, in front of the stake, where he hopefully wouldn't have to see his friend being burned down. Soon enough both of them where leaving the castle, and followed Merlin to the water supplies.

Merlin almost forgot how dark the corridors where as Arthur light up two torches, one for him and one for Morgana. 

« You'd better be right about this, Merlin. » Arthur mumbled

The three of them, adventured deeper and deeper in the cave 'til they reached what they came for. But before they could a strange noise was heard, more like something grunting. Looking in all the direction, they didn't know which way it was coming from.

« You should stay here. » Arthur advised Morgana

« I'm coming with you. »

« No » he insisted

« Scared I'll show you up? » she challenged

« Father will slam us both in chains if he knew I'd endangered you. »

« Good thing he doesn't know about it then »

« I'm telling you, Morgana, turn back. You could get hurt. »

« So could you, If you don't get out of my way » she replied passing in front of both of them, taking one of the passages to their left.

« How are we going to find it? » 

« Just hope we do before it finds us » an other screech came behind them, but there was nothing when Arthur turned around

« Stop »