1.2 Valiant part 4

Meanwhile, in the throne room, after dinner, only a few knights were left. Among them Sir Leon and of course the Prince.

«Sir Leon» called the Prince« could I have a word with you, alone. » He asked Sir Leon, who was discussing with other knights.

« Of course my lord» Sir Leon replied, confused by why the Prince wanted to talk to him privately.

« I am well aware that it is not any of my business, but since some knight started talking, I think it's my right to ask you. Is there anything going on between you and Y/N? »

« I-I'm sorry? »

« You were seen leaving the shop where she lives late last night, so is there anything I should know? » The Prince asked again. Sir Leon couldn't be more confused as he was, and was also taken aback by the tone used by the Prince that seemed quite possessive.

« I was just accompanying her Sir, it was late at night and I was making sure she got home safely. » If only I was there earlier, thought Sir Leon.

« So there's no courting between you two? » The Prince asked to be sure

« Oh God no ,no... I mean I love her but as a friend... she's like a little sister to me» Sir Leon replied honestly

« Good» But seeing the weird look by his knight he continued« *cough* I mean it's a good decision, we wouldn't want you distracted, wouldn't we?

« Of course» Sir Leon didn't know how to reply to this and to react to the strange demeanour of the Prince. And with a nod of his head, the Prince left the room, leaving a confused Leon.

≪ ◦ ❖ ◦ ≫

Merlin run into the room with one of the snake's head.

« You have it» I exclaimed, taking it out of his hands and passing it to Gaius. Now we could prepare the antidote and save Ewan and by the same occasion denounced Valiant and save Arthur's life.

« I'll get started on preparing the antidote» Gaius said after he collected the venom from the snake in a jar.

« I'm going to tell Arthur Merlin said »

« We» I said, making Merlin looked at me« We are going to tell Arthur. »

« Then you'll need this. » He said, handing the snake's head to Merlin. « And, Merlin, what you did was very brave. » I could see the faint smile on Merlin's face at this praise. Great now this is going to boost his ego, exactly what I needed.

≪ ◦ ❖ ◦ ≫

« You » asked Arthur looking at Merlin « You chopped its head off? »

« Ewan was bitten by a snake from the shield when he was fighting Valiant. You can talk to Gaius or even ask Y/N. You can see puncture wounds on Ewan's neck where the snake bit him. Ewan was beating him. He had to cheat. » Merlin rambled

« Valiant wouldn't dare to use magic in Camelot. »

« How could you be so sure ? » I asked

« My father banned it decades ago » he replied, looking at me

« Like it stopped people from practicing it. Didn't Merlin save you like a month ago from being killed by an enchantress? » I asked, to which I was replied by a roll of eyes.

« Ewan was pinned under Valiant's shield. No one could see the snake bite him. » Merlin continued

« I don't like the guy, but that doesn't mean he's cheating. » Arthur replied.