1.2: Valiant part 1

« Ready? » I could hear Arthur asked Merlin

« Would it make any difference if I said no? » I heard Merlin replied. Poor Merlin. Camelot was hosting the Tournament and Arthur didn't let him the time to breathe this week. Now they were both in armour, so Arthur could train his sword fight.

« Not really. » Arthur replied before stepping in Merlin's direction, who was in difficulty to take his sword out of his belt. This is going to be very long for him, knowing Arthur won't hold back. « Body. Shield. Body. Shield. Shield. Head. Head. »

« Ow » I winced as Merlin took a blow on his head

« Come on, Merlin, you're not even trying. »

« I am »

« Once more »

« Oh no. »

« To the left. Right and left. Head. »

« ow »

« Come on, Merlin. I've got a tournament to win. »

« Do you think he's going to be okay?» I asked Sir Leon, who was just next to me. He couldn't fight with Arthur at the moment since he had a dislocated shoulder not even 2 days ago, and Gaius asked (ordered) him to get some rest.

« Yeah, don't worry, he's tougher than he looks »

« Yeah sure» I scoffed

« Aren't you supposed to be the one who have faith in him »

« I have faith in him, but that doesn't mean I'm supposed to be delusional»

« Can we stop now, please? » Merlin asked but was ignored « ow »

« Shield. Body. Shield. Shield.»

« Ow »

And it's with a final blow to the head that Merlin falls to the ground.

« You're braver than you. Most servants collapse after the first blow. »

« Let's just say it isn't the first time that fight with a sword »

« Well whoever you fought with, he's not half bad »

« And SHE Thanks you » I said, approaching the two of them

« You? » He said mighty surprised

I looked to the left, my right and turned around faking looking for someone and then looked at him

« It seems I'm the only woman around, so yes it is. Why do you seem so surprised? Is it because I'm a woman that can handle a sword « not half bad »? »

« Well Yeah- I mean no .... I mean, I didn't see any woman with a sword before, so I only assumed it was a "he" and not a « she » ». I only hummed as response

« Is it over? » Asked Merlin who was still on the floor

« That was just the warm-up. How's your mace work coming along? »

Merlin just looked at me for support and I just shrugged and walked off, leaving the two of them.

« Please just make sure he doesn't kill my brother » I said to Leon, walking past him

≪ ◦ ❖ ◦ ≫

« Oh you're back » I said, turning to face Merlin entering the chamber as Gaius and I just finished the concoction we brew for his muscles. And apparently he will really need it « What happened to you » I said, giggling since Merlin had half of his armour on him and couldn't walk straight.