•You're Precious, Love

Silah

Silah

A single tear rolled down my temple and travelled into the skin of my skull, absorbing somewhere in my black hair. My brown eyes stared aimlessly at the blades of the fan on the ceiling that moved monotonously.

Slow slow slow.

The lamp post from outside casted a yellow glow in my darkened room. I had let Mimi close the sliding door of the adjoined balcony and now I felt suffocated in the huge room.

Bringing my hands flat on my stomach, I heaved in desperation for more breaths. My chest hollowed each time I tried to breathe. How minimal the breathing pattern was but how difficult at the same time. One small task yet I couldn't do it. I couldn't breathe anymore. The more I tried, the more I fell in abyss. It felt like a black shadow was pulling me in and I was being pulled into another dimension.

There wasn't lack of oxygen but there wasn't any enough to fill my lungs. I felt my stomach coiling and my heart starting to burn again. Sweat beads rolling down my forehead as the anxiety thudded inside of me.

" Silah, dont leave home. Instead try to win your husband's heart."

" Amma he does not love me."

" So what? At least you have a home. Luxuries everyone would die for. A settled future.."

" Amma my husband would not love me, would not respect me then what would I do with a settled future."

" You are stupid Silah. As always."

-

I walked into the living room to see Bubs, Biz and Bunny watching cartoons. Biz and Bunny were the cutest girls and their older brother Bubs was the cutest boy. Bubs was 5 and Biz was 4 and Bunny was an year younger. Rahat baji and her husband were raising these cuties well and the kids visited us every often.

" I am going to bake some brownies. Who wants some?"

All three little heads turned to look at me and their big eyes lit up.

" I want brownies, aunty."

All three said in unison.

" Great! But first you kids will have to clean all the mess you made in your Nani's room."

" Okay. I am going."

Bubs ran away and I laughed as Bunny followed behind him. Khuraisa entered the room and plopped down on the sofa and looked at the kids.

" Hey, where are you taking this?"

She stopped Biz and pulled the remote out of her grip.

Biz ran away too and Khuraisa rolled her eyes.

" Little brats."

She muttered under her breath.

" They're so cute, Khuraisa."