•Melted candles, Love

Past

Past

Maybe the worst occasion to meet your husband's lover could be..

your honeymoon.

A week of attending dawats and dinners after the wedding, Sarfaraz had taken away Silah up to the north for their honeymoon.

Silah was excited throughout the whole road trip from Abbottabad to the Kaghan Valley. Sarfaraz made sure she enjoyed to the fullest by giving her details to wherever they travelled. Silah loved the magnificent mountains there and it reminded her of the time she had visited up north with her family when she was eight.

In the daytime they'd wander around, hand in hand, exploring the valleys. In the night they'd have hot tea by the foot of the mountains under the glaze of the sky.

Sarfaraz would take Silah to different restaurants for dinner. And it impressed Silah to the heart how he knew so much of the place. Silah smiled more often now, she had found a friend in Sarfaraz. He talked a lot. A lot.

Silah rubbed her boots over the snow clad grass and shivered as another wink of wind coiled around her.

" Come here!"

Sarfaraz gestured towards her and she climbed up the little hill where he stood. His warm hand pulled her up and she instantly held on it a little tighter.

" Tch Silah"

Sarfaraz shook his head annoyed as he ran his fingers through her hair.

" What?"

Silah scrunched her nose at him as she asked confused.

Seeing the man messing up her hair strands as he plucked out yellow petals from her hair. Silah smiled sheepishly as it clicked to her.

" It must have been from standing under the tree."

She shook her head sideways and Sarfaraz only stared at her.

" It's fine, now pose for the camera."

He wound his arm around his wife and grinned in the camera. Silah's smile wavered as she tilted her head up to look at him. Her heart clenched.

Why couldn't we always be happy like this?

The sudden fear clogged her brain. They'll return back home after 5 days and maybe things would go back to how they were before. Less conversations and more avoiding each other. Maybe they'd go back to being strangers again. Strangers pulled together by fate.

She struggled to suck in a breath and when she finally did, Sarfaraz looked down at her.

" What happened, Silah?"

His fingers traced her shoulder and worry frowned his eyebrows.

" Huh.."

" Are you okay?"