•Traces of deep wounds, Love

Keep your hearts calm

" You know what, Amma?"

Nofil's eyes were gleaming as the young boy wiped the glassware in the kitchen. The fresh streams of Sun rays filled in through the windows of the Kashana house. The wind was soft and breezy and had brought warm smiles on everyone's faces during the early hours of the still young morning.

" Oh yes, Mimi. You missed the most important detail from yesterday."

Ailana chewed the cereal unladylike before she pushed the bowl away. Her seated form on the high stool now turning all stiff as she interrupted.

" Oh what?"

Mimi wasn't paying much attention to the kids as she put the grocery away.

" You tell, Nofil."

Ailana encouraged as she dragged the bowl off the counter and stuffed her mouth with cereal again.

" Yesterday Altamash bhai bought a new car. His favorite person was supposed to ride the car first. But.."

" But bari mama thought that she was his favorite and then got proved wrong and she got replaced."

Ailana completed as she stood up.

" Because.. the first person to sit in the car was, Silah bhabi."

The two youngsters said in unison before they high five.

" Oh my my."

Mimi chuckled seeing the excitement of the two and shook her head.

" Imagine if Silah and Altamash become friends. Oufh! Start of a new era."

Ailana said dramatically but hushed herself seeing Sheratoon pass outside the kitchen. Nofil also straightened up before getting back to work.

" You two have gone crazy."

Mimi could only smile.

Outside in the hall, Silah and Rahat sat rechecking for all the wedding invites that were sent.

" Beta, make sure all the cards have been sent."

Rukkaiya said from where she sat opposite to them. Rukkaiya' side of the family was also staying over at the Kashana house for Kunwar's wedding.  The ladies sitting together to discuss the details of wedding.

" Uh huh."

" Who wants chai?"

Khuraisa yawned as she descended the stairs. Her words echoing in the hallway.

The ladies rose their hands instantly. Sheratoon came to sit in the hall as well to show the bridal jewellery to Rukkaiya's relatives.

" Silah, your mother isn't coming for the wedding?"