•Calling onto chaos, Love

Days turned into weeks and weeks into months

Altamash disappeared from the Kashana house as if he had never been there. Ramadan passed and then Eids passed but he didn't return. Sheratoon would momentarily phone him when she'd miss him and he'd talk to her for hours. The man had gone back to his parents house as Sheratoon had informed.

But Silah? Silah had somehow frozen into the moment, at the stairs, where he had last left her and then disappeared the next morning. The jacket he had draped over her that night was still sitting inside of Silah's closet. She could have just thrown it into his room after he left but she never found the courage to enter his room.

The fingerprints of Shezaan on her neck gradually faded and the scars on her body healed slowly before fading into nothingness. And with the fading scars Silah tried to forget everything from that night.

True to his words, Altamash did report Shezaan and his family. Weeks after the incident, news channels broadcasted how their whole gangs were arrested and charged for various crimes. Various cases, charges and days of trial in courts had resulted into lifetime imprisonment of Shezaan and his brothers. That day Silah wished for Gulnar and Sarfaraz to witness the moment with her. Silah was curious as to what Altamash had done to bring the men to punishment but she had a clue that the man had involved his politician father to speed up the process.

Kunwar and Maimona flew to UK after Eid for Maimona's graduation ceremony. The couple had also decided to spend a few weeks there after the ceremony. Hunzalah and Khuraisa had also been away, vacationing in the mountains, up the north. And had returned a day ago. Kashana house had returned to it's silent solace after Kunwar's wedding. Things had gone back to their comforting routine. But the restlessness always lingered.

The warmth of the afternoon Sun had enveloped all of Islamabad. The vast skies hung cotton candy clouds across the horizons. The slight cluttering of saucers and tea cups broke the stubborn silence in the vast house. Silah descended the stairs, the long of her dupatta trailing behind her. Her phone pressed between her shoulder and ear as she talked to her brother.

" It's okay Mutahir. I understand you must have been busy with the baby."

Her in laws were already in the large hall as Ailana served tea.

" Uhm hm. Do send me pictures."

She pulled the corners of her navy blue matching dupatta before straightening the edges.

" Okay I'll talk to you later Mutahir. Allah Hafiz."

Keeping the phone at the edge of corner table, she peeked into the hall seeing everyone indulged into small talks.

" Booh!"

Silah gasped, horrified.

Khuraisa chuckled before she linked her arm with her sister in law's.