•Last breath, Love

The monitors besides her beeped, repeatedly

Beep beep beep.

And each fucking beep increased her pulse as she stood at the foot of her husband's hospital bed.

The man was stretched against the pale ivory sheets. The endotracheal tube seized between his lips, the long end of the tube attaching to the ventilator machine besides his bed. Each forced breath made the man's chest expand just unnoticeably. His lashes sat atop his cheeks with the maroon lacerations on his skin. His forehead covered in a bandage. A cuff around his biceps and a clip on his finger that showed all of his vitals on the screen. Several IVs attached to him. The yellow blanket over his body failed to hide the stitches at the contours of his chest. The bandages plastered over various aspects of his abdomen. And the blood..

Silah walked further towards him.

" Sarfaraz"

She muttered softly. Almost unable to recognize the man. She touched his hand, his cold hand. The dim lights in the unit illuminated his pale porcelain like skin and Silah's heart dropped in her stomach. She watched the small visible scars and bruises. What had happened to him? Why?

She hiccupped between soft sobs.

" Sarfaraz, please wakeup."

She slid towards him. She was well aware that each breath he took wasn't his own. It was the ventilator blowing in majority of the breaths and it suddenly crushed her soul.

" Ma'am please come out now."

She heard the nurse say and instead she shook her head. How could she leave Sarfaraz alone, like this? He had never left her how could she when he needd her the most.

" Sarfaraz, wakeup."

She cried harder between difficult breaths.

She had never in her wildest nightmares imagined that she'd be standing in the ICU, watching her husband breath through the tube at four in the morning. She couldn't bear the pain.

" Ma'am please."
The nurse said again.

Silah caught onto Sarfaraz's fingers gently.

" I am here for you, Sarfaraz."

She whispered just in time for the nurse to pull her out.

" Will he be okay? When will he wake up?"

She kept asking questions no one knew answers of.

" Sheratoon you should go home as well with everyone. Hunzalah and I will stay the night."

Ferhat's eyes flickered to Silah's pale figure that walked with heavy steps towards them.

" Take Silah with you as well."