•Unloved, Love

Silah

Silah

My fingers tingled and trembled.

Running a hand over my face, I straightened my posture and turned towards the car.

The driver, Shaukat came running from the other end and opened the back door and I settled in.

A hundred thoughts occupied my mind and I couldn't ponder over any one of them. Altamash's words roamed through my mind like a deathly mantra. He thought I got Sarfaraz killed and he hated me for that.

What an absurd accusation!

Mama, Amma begum, baba, Rahat baji, no one had ever said something like that to me. They had treated me like a human. They had seen the pain. They had seen the pain of a wife losing her husband. They had seen me suffer for months and now Altamash came to just push me into abyss with no knowledge of what I went through.

The audacity of this man to treat me like shit and question me such an incongruous thing.

But why was this all even bothering me?

" What are we waiting for?"

I asked Shaukat who had his hands perched on the steering wheel while he stared ahead.

" Altamash sahb?"

" Why?"

" Baaji, Altamash sahb has asked me to drop him off to somewhere so I thought when I'd take you for the market I'll drop him too-"

" What?"

Shock coiled around me and my hand immediately reached for the door handle only to find it locked.

" Baaji, what happened?"

Anxiously I struggled with the lock and looked at Shaukat.

" Unlock the car, I don't want to go anywhere with him."

Shaukat looked at me ridiculously with wide eyes.

" But baaji, I've already told sahb that I'd take him-"

" I said I don't want to go anywhere with him."

I pushed the car door open and got out hearing the driver exit the car as well.

" Baaji sit. I'll take you to the market right now and decline sahb."

He looked extremely worried as he said but I dismissed him.

" You take your sahb I'll go later on."

" No no baaji. Please sit."

The driver almost pleaded and I wanted nothing but to explode into the air. I turned to face him and held up my hand.

" The grocery isn't very important right now I'll just wait for the othe-"

" Let's go Shaukat."

The familiar voice walked passed me and I inhaled sharply as the man stopped by the side of the car.