•Tell a tale, Love

bohat gehray hain yun tou samandar liken,usski aankhon ki baaat appni hai

usski aankhon ki baaat appni hai.

Past

Silah had recently turned 22 when Sheratoon and Rukkaiya came to pay them a visit with Rahat baji for the first time. It wasn't unusual for Silah to get proposals. She was bright and young and everyone wanted her to be their daughter in law. But when the supposedly short meeting turned forty five minutes long, her heart felt unsettled.

And upon the farewell of guests when her parents invited them for dinner the very next day, Silah knew now was the time to worry. When she came downstairs from her room for dinner her parents were already into a hushed meeting. And their trailing eyes on her every movement made her feel the 'talk' that was going to happen soon.

Assam and Azizah had rejected quiet a few proposals for their daughter while they were thinking of a few. Silah hadn't graduated and they weren't in a hurry but Assam's deteriorating health always made him worried for his daughter. His son, Mutahir had recently shifted to the USA alongside his wife and kids. And he wanted a bright future for his daughter too, after all Silah was his only daughter.

" They have a huge family business. The best cargo shipping company in all of Islamabad. And their son studies in your university, Silah."

Her mother had started the conversation. Silah was only pretending to eat while her mother eyed her.

It wasn't everyday that women of Kashana house hunted for proposals of girls from ordinary houses. The biggest and most reliable cargo shipping business in Islamabad, now handled by Ferhat and his brother Saifuddin and soon to be passed onto his son. A high profile family that wasn't hidden by magazines. All of Islamabad knew them. And Azizah and Assam were lucky enough to have been graced by their presence at their small two storey house.

Her mother kept on going and going. And the cycles in Silah's mind kept turning.

Round and round and round.

" Have you seen him, Silah? Sarfaraz Khan?"

Her mother asked again. Silah kept her spoon in her plate this time and looked up her at parents. Their awaiting eyes witnessed as she shook her head in negative.

Liar.

She had seen him. She had seen him a hundreds time. She had seen him a thousands time. She had seen him a million times. And God, how could she not he sat on the bench right behind her in class.

He was in his Master's program and they both had a course together. She saw him every Monday. She saw his group of friends all week. Some of them even knew her by her name and one of his friends attended all her courses, though they never talked but had exchanged notes a few times. And some of his friends even sometimes joined her group of friends in the cafeteria. But Sarfaraz-