Kasumi's Lecture

Kasumi woke up around the time that I was done making breakfast for her and went out to the kitchen while rubbing her eyes, trying to wash away the tiredness in them.

"Why does it smell so good?" Kasumi asked with a curious expression.

"I'm making breakfast for you". I said with a smile.

"Thanks". Kasumi said happily.

"I woke up early and thought I'd make you something before you woke up". I said with a meaningful expression.

"Oh all right, but you didn't go out to suck blood did you?" Kasumi asked with a serious expression.

"N-no I didn't". I said with a cold sweat.

"I don't believe you since your hesitating, so tell me the truth". Kasumi said while crossing her arms and pouting.

F-fine your right, I did go out to suck blood". I said, with cold sweat.

"Over these past few months together, I found out she can be scary when she is angry, so my new goal is to not make her angry". I thought with a frightened expression.

"I told you that you aren't allowed to feed off of anyone except me". Kasumi said with an angered expression.

"I-I know, but I just don't want to kill you by drinking too much of your blood". I said while trying not to anger her more.

"You have mastered your blood absorption skill. Why are you still worried about not being able to control it?" Kasumi said with a curious expression.

"because I feel like my vampire instincts will eventually force me to drink all of your blood". I said with a worried expression.

"Oh I see, can you control your vampire instincts from doing so?" Kasumi asked with a questioning expression.

"I think if I can learn to control my vampire instincts, then I will be able to completely control my blood absorption". I said.

"That's good, but while you're learning to control your instincts, you still need blood to survive". Kasumi said.

"True, you can pour some of your blood into a wine glass, which I drink instead of sucking your blood until I can fully control my instincts". I said with a meaningful expression.

"That'll work". Kasumi said with a smile.

"I'm trying to make it so you aren't like the rest of your kin, who are ruthless killers". Kasumi said with a serious expression.

"I know". I said with an understanding expression.

"I know she is doing this for my own good, which makes me happy and want to protect her from future danger". I thought with a smile.

"Good, now that we are done with this topic, can we go hunt some monsters today?" Kasumi asked with a pleading expression.

"Sure, but you have to eat breakfast first". I said with a beatific expression.

"Fine with that" Kasumi said while showing a giddy expression.

She then ate her breakfast slowly to savor the taste of the food, which she thought tasted so good.

" You're a vampire, but your cooking is so good, how does that make sense?" Kasumi said with a curious expression.

"I learned how to cook before I became a vampire". I said with a smile.

"Guess that makes sense". Kasumi said with a happy expression.

We then left our house shortly after and headed toward the Hunters Union after I activated [Human Disguise].

After 10 minutes of walking, we got to the Hunters Union and entered it. When we entered the Union, it was extremely busy with hunters either eating and drinking or receiving quests at the quest board and accepting them at the receptionist's desk.

We walked over to the quest board on the wall and waited until the crowd around thinned out, since even if we went there and started looking for a quest right away, we wouldn't be able to either see or grab the quest we wanted.

[Hunt an Ice Imp Colony (High Silver Tier)] - A huge colony of Ice Imps has been found in the Ice Montane Forest of the Gamery Mountain Range.

Rewards: 35 Gold

Second Reward: Ice Imp Mana Cores

[Kill the Snow Woman (Mid Gold Tier)] - A Snow Woman has been spotted at the peak of the Gamery Mountain Range. Kill her before she gains too much strength.

Rewards: 250 Gold

Second Reward: Snow Woman Mana Core

Third Reward: Snow Woman Skill Book

We knew we had enough strength to take the Mid Gold Tier Quest, so we grabbed the High Silver Tier Quest from the quest board and walked up to the receptionist's desk.

"Hi Kasumi and Lily, what can I do for you today, nya". Solra said with a bright expression.

"We would like to register to do this quest". Kasumi said with a smile while handing over the quest.

"You want to hunt an Ice Imp Colony, but this quest is High Silver Tier. Can you handle it, nya?" Solra asked with a quizzical expression.

"Yes, we are sure I'm a Mid Silver Tier Hunter and Lily has just finished a High Silver Tier Quest. We are allowed to register for quests which are 1 rank higher than our own". Kasumi said with a pleading expression.

"True, yes you can register for this quest, but be careful and Lily, don't do what you did last time, nya". Solra said with a serious expression.

"I know". I said with a smile.

"I wasn't going to challenge something which was too strong for my current strength anymore, since I nearly lost that fight with the Arachne". I thought.

"All right, I'll register you for this quest nya". Solra said happily.

"Thanks". Kasumi and I said at the same time while smiling.

Solra then began registering us for the quest, so we went to a place which didn't have many people and began to talk.

"Lily, you expend too much strength and stamina in short amounts of time and barely have any body control, which further decreases your strength quicker. That's why you fainted right after you defeated those monsters and demons". Kasumi said with a serious expression.

"No wonder". I said with an understanding expression.

"During this quest, you'll be the one killing the Ice Imps with [Human Disguise] activated". Kasumi said with a serious expression .

"Why do I have to have [Human Disguise] activated?" I asked with a brooding expression.

"Because the skill puts you at a disadvantage against stronger opponents since it weakens you, but it can also awaken your potential and increase your battle instincts and experience against opponents leagues above you in strength". Kasumi said with a beatific expression.

"That makes sense, I am fine with doing that". I said while smiling.

"Good". Kasumi said with a sadistic expression.

"I haven't seen that expression from her before, I am getting an ominous feeling from her". I thought a little frightened.

At this time, Solra was now finished with registering us for this quest, so we went to the receptionist's desk.

"You'll now register for the quest nya". Solra said with a smile.

"Thanks". I said with a meaningful expression.

"It's nothing, nya" Solra said with a happy expression.

See you later, Solra". I said while walking out of the Union with a smile.

"Bye nya". Solra said while waving towards us.

We then left the Hunter Union and headed toward the Ice Montane Forest in the Gamery Mountain Range.