Chapter 7

"Now kids ,as you know , I am Andrea the new manager of this place and of course you as well. I have no idea of what that Grinch , Greta ,did but all I want you to know is that things will be a bit different" That earned a few smiles.

"Different" one of the kids spoke but then froze.

I guessed it might have been an offense when Greta was here. The kid looked like he was going to cry.

"What's your name little one"

"Tom" he replied,fear lacing his voice

"You know what Tom, come over here" I smiled.

He seemed confused and when I took him into my arms and nuzzled my head onto his neck, he gasped but soon melted and finally laid his head on my chest.

What happened next was abit humourous. He fell asleep. The children held astonished looks.

"As I said kids, everything is going to be a bit different. I am going to teach you a lot of things but the most important thing is that I'm going to allow you to be kids again"

Whispers broke through the room . I let it happen while little Tom let out soft snores. I noticed other kids his age looking at me with a certain longing in their eyes. They wanted to be held too

"Okay everyone, silence"

The hall became silent

"What time do you wake up?"

"Four in the morning ma'am"one of the teenagers spoke

"It's Andrea ,ma'am kinda makes me feel old, what about the small children.

"The same time "

"That's absurd, by a sure number of hands ,how many are tired?"

None of them raised their hands

"Honesty people,I need y'all to be honest  with me"

One by one hands began to be lifted and a sad look was on all their faces.

"Okay so this is what we are going to do, I am going to create age groups. Girls above the age of fourteen  move to the right,boys move to the left and all children below the age of fourteen to the centre.

They did it very quick and soon three distinct groups were made.

"Now the first lesson we are going to learn is about family. How many are siblings?"

About six raised their hands. The rest just faced the ground.

"Ok so we are going to create what I like to call families. We all know families are made up of father's mother's and children, buuut what we are about to do is different. All children above the age of fourteen, I want you to pick a child from the middle. Just one"

They did so and every child had an older person holding their hand. One by one, they picked up the children that they had chosen and instantly began bonding. The sight was heart warming.

"From now on you are all siblings. The child you just picked is now your responsibility. Everyone in this room is now bonded . You're all family ok . So for today ,I want you to all bond,talk to each other and have fun" smiles broke out.

"What about our chores?"

"What time do you do them"

"From three to six in the evening"

"Really now, well change of plans. Instead of chores ,you'll take a nap ,all of you, and wake up at seven for dinner. I know that you all must be exhausted both mentally and physically"

"But who will cook? We usually cook our meals by ourselves," a girl spoke.

"Well, as I said ,things are going to change for the better. Today is the last day you are ever going to be ever be oppressed here. I will  work on a new schedule together with some of you so that you will all be comfortable with be comfortable, but as for now I suggest you bond"

As the kids bonded, I contacted the Luna and told he the kids current situation. She was shocked at first because she was oblivious of what was going on and the fact that the reports she had previously received from the orphanage had false information also contributed.

During the long phone call she gave me solutions and sent a large number of the omegas to the area, due to the kids large number.

The pack's omegas were really nice and they were willing to help. Some of them proved to be great  teachers others doctors and some cooks .

As I watched the kids play my kind drifted to the alpha. I don't know why but I missed him. I missed his stupid tantrums and his weird mood swings.

But it was all behind me now. The kids need me more .

"