Chapter 27

Xerxes's POV

She rejected me. She rejected me and it's all my fault.

I couldn't even do one thing right. If only I had acknowledged that I was the problem and stopped shifting all the blame to Larissa . Maybe she would have changed her decision.

To make things worse, I have not yet yet told her that she is my mate. My second chance mate to be exact.

My second chance mate.

My wolf was in a mess as well. He too didn't know what to do. His first love just returned and the one who brought him out of despair is about to completely leave him

I didn't know what to do or what else to tell Andrea.

"Alpha, we need you at the shelter, the rogue woman is acting up"

That made me angry

Couldn't I catch a break even if it was for a minute.

I looked back at Andrea's office door one last time before rushing towards where Larissa was held

On arrival, the guards parted the way for me.

"Leave"

The remaining guard inside did as told leaving me alone with Larissa

"What do you want?"

"I am not comfortable here. I feel unsafe and this place is next to the borders. What if the rogues come here and take me away"

"Why would they take you? Apart from being a traitor I'm sure that your just their little whore, other than that you're probably nothing but scum and the least important person there"

"Have you forgotten about my mother? She is literally one of the most powerful rogues in the region "

"And is that something to be proud of? If you were in another pack you would have already been beheaded if not burnt to death "

"Why are you so harsh Xerxes "

"I still don't even understand why I haven't kicked you out yet"

"You need me Xerxes ,not the other way around "

"You know what, I just realised that I don't . I will train the warriors harder and prepare for war. Simple "

"So wait ,you want to kick me out? I am your mate Xerxes you cannot do that"

"Did you think about me as your mate when you poisoned me and cause the death of countless wolves in the pack? Did you"

"Why are you still so bitter about that. I already told you that I'm sorry. What else do you want me to do? Resurrect them"

" I don't think I can offer you any protection anymore, "

"Xerxes, they know that I know about their plan and they know that if the information leaks out ,they would loose. Sending me back there is literally suicide"

"Do you think I care about you? No I do not. "..

"You will regret sending me back there"

"Two hours. I'm giving you two hours to leave this place otherwise I'm going to kill you"

"I know about her "

That made me stop in my tracks

"I've been watching her ever since she got here"

I don't know how my hand and her throat came into contact

"What the fuck are you trying to say!"

"You care for her don't you?"

"How?"

"I've been around for a while now and I happen to know about you interaction and judging from the way you reacted, I can tell that she means a lot to you she might as well be your second chance mate"

My hands tightened making her choke

"If you want to keep your little lover alive and safe then you better cooperate "

"I will kill you"

"Try it and your little human will die today. She's probably drunk he afternoon tea by now. If I die, then that antidote that she needs by tomorrow morning at exactly six will magically disappear "

"You traitorous she wolf"

"The world is unfair Xerxes ,you know that we'll enough"

My grip loosened and she took in a deep breath

"What is it that you want"

"Now we're talking. First of all, I want to stay with you in out house that you built for the both of us. Two, I want you to introduce me to the pack as your Luna. I want them to recognize me as your alpha female. Three , I want to be part of the orphanage's administration and finally four, I want us to act like a real couple

By doing so, you will be able to protect your precious little human in that if there is any attack  none of the rogues will suspect a thing and no one will try to take her away from you

It's a win win situation and everyone is happy

Don't worry, I'll let you two meet I'm secret occasionally but Infront of everyone,you belong to me and I to you.

If you're as smart as I think you are ,you will accept this proposition without any complaint"

"You are still as selfish and cruel as you were before".

" I wonder whose to blame for that Xerxes. You should have the answer by now"..

"Why can't you let me be happy for once ? All I ever did before was love you and give you everything that I could but it still wasn't enough "

"You know nothing of what I went through under your so called protection Xerxes so stop acting like the victim "

"You killed my father"

"He deserved to die in the first place Xerxes. Why do you think that your mother didn't insist for me to be killed you stupid wolf

Warning ⚠️ sensitive topic yeah

Your so called father wasn't what he appeared to be

He was an abusive asshole who preyed on the weak! I tried to tell you so many times Xerxes but you didn't even listen. You never listened"

"What are you talking about?"

"He raped me!I was only sixteen! Your father raped me on several occasions and after which he made me swallow pills and hosed me down to get rid of his scent!"

"You're lying! You have always lied to me so why should I believe you!".

She was lying. My father would never do that. She just wanted to justify her actions and make me feel guilty then stab me in the back again

"The bruises, the nightmares ,the stares and the unusual hate , Xerxes were you fucking blind or at you just stupid?"

"Larissa, all you spew out is lies. You are a liar and a manipulator"

"You don't believe me huh"

She sighed and laughed

"Why should I"

"Who would ever believe a rogue like me"

End of scene

I was still trying to process what she just told me. Could I have been wrong all this time?

"You and your entire family made me like this so don't blame me for who I have become because of you.

You all killed my innocence and any trace of empathy that I had within so don't blame me for who I have become"