Chapter 19

After what felt like ages, I was done. I got the shoes and the dress and my hair and face made up.

When I looked at myself in the mirror, I felt different.

Bella dropped me off at the restaurant after giving me a rough idea of how my date looked like.

To be honest, I really... wasn't sure about this entire thing.

Something within me kept on telling me that this wouldn't end well. That something or someone was going to ruin this entire date thing.

As I walked towards the restaurant, I kept on asking myself why I was doing this.

Haven't I been through enough already? Why did I always keep putting myself in situations that would probably end up badly.

I sighed as I stepped in.

Maybe I should just turn around and go back to the orphanage. I still had time to change my mind

Call me a coward but can you blame me.

And even if this date turned out great, what would the guy do once he found out that I somehow run the pack's orphanage and that I am responsible for the lives of all those children.

Would he still look at me the same or would he drop me the minute he finds out.

Fuck.

I'm supposed to be a bad bitch who doesn't give a damn about what others think of me.

I should be telling myself that .

Confidence.

That's what I needed right now

I kept on whispering the description that Bella gave me about the man I was supposed to meet.

I concluded that the man I was to meet was the one seated by the window at the furthest back because he somehow fit the description.

He had dark hair, looked rich and had an air of elegance around him. He also looked put together from the way he typed on his phone. 

He probably liked solitude, not that I'm judging, from the way he sat where there were less people

As I kept on observing, which was a completely normal thing to do as this was my first date with a complete stranger, I realized that he was typing away on his phone furiously and he looked worked up

He also kept on cursing 

As I walked towards him, I couldn't help but feel nervous.

I can do this.

I stopped right in front of him not knowing what to do next.

He noticed my presence after what felt like ages.

Red flag?

"You're late" he said as he continued to type away.

"No I'm not"

I looked at my wrist watch and it confirmed my statement.

"Thirty three seconds late. Can't you even do anything right?"

Yeah , definitely a red flag

I should probably run now because at this rate by the end of this date I might as well end up committing murder

"Take a seat, I already ordered for us both"

What did he mean when he said that he ordered for us both? What if I was allergic?

"Umm I..."

"I'm going to be on a call later on so try to speak less"

He didn't even let me speak or question him and he had the audacity to keep on typing on his phone

Maybe his business had a problem or something.

"Okay"

An awkward moment of silence passed between us. None of us said anything well the guy yelled multiple of times at the waiters and some guy named Steve on his phone.

As I chewed on the salad he so graciously ordered for me because, and I quote, 'he wants me to loose some weight ' I wondered how this date could get even worse.

Then the unexpected happened.

Alpha Xerxes walked in, looking quite pissed.

His fists were clenched and his eyes seemed to have darkened.

I wonder who pissed him off this time because I was as sure as hell that it wasn't me.

"Stop zoning out when having your meal, it is very unattractive" the guy said.

Did I mention that I didn't even ask for his name neither did he mine

"Has anyone ever told you that your attitude is shit?" I snapped back and that seemed to get his attention because he stopped typing

He put his phone down and looked at me more like ,glared at me

If looks could kill, I'd already be dead

"And who gave you the right to speak to me like that?

"Oh shut the fuck up "

"I could destroy you in a blink of an eye if I wanted to"

"Then why the fuck are you here huh? Why did you agree to this blind date if you'd only stare at your god-damned phone and make me feel bad about myself "

"Don't you ev...."

"I'm beginning to understand why you're still alone despite having all the money in the world"

"I can say the same for you. You're not even beautiful, and the make up you have on makes you look ridiculous, let's not even get started with that wig you have on, you might probably be a bald she wolf bitch "

Wig? What wig? This was my freaking hair.

"Yeah, this isn't going to work out " I said as I prepared to leave but then the universe seemed to have a different plan because the alpha decided to make his way towards our table

And did I mention that he looked enraged

Well well well, look who we have here, if it isn't Andrea"

Just walk away and ignore please

"Alpha Xerxes, good to see you"

The guy said as he stood to shake hands with him

They seemed to be good friends.

"Good to see you, I thought that you had already left?"

"Not yet, I had a blind date with one of your she wolves"

She wolf?

I'm a fucking human being!

"Well, I guess we are through with this date thing, it was really interesting,  hope you have a nice life random guy I just met"

I said as I stood. I honestly didn't have the energy to do this anymore. It was a waste of time in the first place. I should have never come here in the first place.

Before I lost my dignity any further ,  walked way ignoring the harsh word that were being thrown at me by that man.

Air

That's what I needed desperately needed and so , as soon as the wind hit my face, my eyes wettened and finally, the tears that were so desperately wanting to be set free, finally became free.

Funny thing was, I didn't even know why I was crying, but it felt so damn good. 

So damn good