Chapter 24

This is for clarity for anyone that may have been confused in the last last two chapters. Also once again thank you so much for the votes ,reads and comments.

Alpha Xerxes ' POV

Another chance.

I had been given another chance by the moon goddess to be happy yet time and time again I just had to be stupid and ruin it.

I've lost count on how many times I had the opportunity to make things right but blew it terribly. But not this time. I had my mind made up and there was no way I was going to turn back on this decision I had made.

After realizing that I could easily be replaced and forgotten by my little human mate Andrea, i didn't want to waste any time at all.

The thought of another man being with her made me feel both murderous and sick to my stomach.

She is mine and mine alone

After finally having the taste of her lips on mine I knew that I had to move fast.

I was certain that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with her.

She was perfect for me in every single aspect. She was kind and loving to the children not to mention that she challenges me everyday to be a better person and I could feel the positive change from me.

I know I don't deserve her

I know that she deserves someone better that me but can't I be selfish for once. This is my one shot of happiness.

She is my light at the end of this dark tunnel that I've been in for a long time

A dark tunnel that I would have never been in if it wasn't for my first mistake.

My first mistake.

Now wasn't the time for this.

I was going to get Andrea's answer today on whether or not she would give this a try. Hopefully she would say yes.

"Alpha, a rogue has been spotted near the pack house "

One of the warrior spike through the mind link

That made me snap out of my daze

Rogues.

If there was one thing I hated in this world with everything I had from withing , then that would be rogues.

"I'll be there in three minutes"

My meeting with Andrea could wait.

I shifted in to my wolf and let it take control.

On arrival, I could feel the air shift.

I could smell Andrea's scent nearby but a different scent was hitting me off my course.

That scent

Roses and dandelions.

I tried to gain control back but my wolf shut me out.

I could only watch from the background

As my wolf moved closer to the rogues ,the scent grew even stronger.

Unwanted memories that I've tried to bury for so many years also resurfaced

Memories of the rogue attack and the betrayal that happened years ago.

Memories of my father warning me and looking at me with so much disappointment.

Memories of my father's wolf being torn apart by dozens of rogues and I not being able to do anything about it because of the wolfsbane in my system.

And lastly, memories of the girl who was meant to be by my side , stabbing me right in the back

"MATE"

This cannot be happening,not like this.

I felt something snap from within as well.

Andrea.

I could  feel the devastation that she had from within

I fought harder for control.

I knew that if I don't chase after her right then , then everything would be lost .

By the time I finally got control, I could no longer trace Andrea's scent. My wolf also felt a great sense of loss

"Everybody leave, that's an order from your Alpha"

They didn't hesitate to leave.

"You should have stayed dead!"I said as I shook off her hand

"Still bitter and angry as always"

She dropped her pitiful act and dusted her faded skirt

"What are you doing here Larissa ?"

"Well, I missed my little Alpha"

"Don't you dare call me that!"

"Don't tell me that you are still bitter about what happened "

"Lives were lost because of you Larissa "

"And I said I was sorry" she smirked

"Get out while you still have a chance otherwise I will make sure that that you won't have another chance to leave this pack alive"

"Hear me out Xerxes "

"I said leave"

"I don't have any other place to go!"

"That's not my problem. Leave now!"

"I need protection Xerxes. "

"Even more reason for you to leave"

"The rogues are soon coming to attack and this time they are stronger and faster. They are colluding with the hunters under the leadership of your Beta"

That son of a bitch

"What do you mean by Beta?"

"Jack or was it Jake, I never liked the guy though, anyways he formed a pack with rather violent rogues , I don't even know how managed to get them under control but they are coming and you need me "

"How can I be sure that you are telling the truth? Many at times you have lied ,schemed and betrayed my trust"

She tried to come closer but I pushed her away

"Just trust me ,just this once Xerxes and I promise you that you would never regret this"

I thought of the odds . If she was telling the truth then I needed to get information about everything concerning that pack of rogues

From their strategies to  where there base was

I couldn't take any chances at the moment

I also couldn't risk another attack on the pack.

"Fine, you can stay however it will be on my terms"

"What terms"

"You cannot and will not be close to me at any given point of your temporary stay here"

"Then how will you get the information that you need because I refuse to disclose any information to anyone else but you Xerxes "..

"Whatever it is that you are doing isn't going to work"

"Xerxes "

"Keith, take her to where we keep hostages "

I didn't bother to listen to her complaints and insults.

I had another mission at the moment

To find Andrea and explain things

It was time to finally come clean