Chapter Four | Duke of Burgundy

A L E X A N D R A | N I C O L A I D E S

I let out long moan, brushing his hair over the white sheets. He holds my legs still as I cum into his mouth, it were as if we were still on honeymoon. Once I climaxed, he throws the covers over his heads and crawls over my body, I bite onto my bottom lips with a smile. His broad shoulders being caressed by my tiny hands, he kisses me gently.

Allowing me to taste myself before he falls besides me, he bends over and grabs a pack of cigarettes. I push my hair back, "now I understand why we were too busy to ice skate." I joke softly, Ares' lips upturn into a sinister smile. "Thirty thousand..."

"I'm so proud of you Angelos. Seriously." I look up at him, unable to hide my smug smile.

The sound of a phone ringing disrupts our laughter, I rose a brow and see his phone being lit up on the table. I hand it to him; he glances at the ID as I slide out of bed. I bend over to pick up the clothes, "hello." Ares answers the call.

Opening the bathroom door, I shove the clothes into the dirty laundry and switch on the shower. I walk back out and grab two towels from out of the cupboard. "Δεν θα τη γνωρίσεις, ούτε θα σε γνωρίσει."

[You will not meet her, nor will she meet you]

He sounded angry; I look back at him as he throws his phone onto the bed. "Who was that?" I ask him, pushing a strand of my hair behind my ears. I settle the towels on top of the draw as I make my way to him. "Ares."

"My mum." His hands brush down his face, I stand in front of him as he rests his elbows onto his thighs. He and his siblings never bring up his parents, and I still to this day don't know why. Maybe the old me knew more but this me, not a single darn thing.

Ares kept that part of his life away from everyone and I never thought of asking him because I did not see the need to. Maybe when he's ready, he'd tell me everything.

I guess that looks closer than before.

"What did she want?" I gently massage his shoulders, he stands up. Towering over me.

"She wants to meet you." Was all he said before departing to the shower, so they-they've never met me before?

I follow after him, closing the bathroom door. Ares drenches his hair under the now warm water, his body looks tense. I unclasp my bra and throw it to the side before slipping inside the glass shower, Ares watches me. "I want to meet her too." I whisper honestly.

"You're never going to meet her." What?

"Why not Ares? I'm your wife." The water dampens my hair against my back, darkening the shade.

"Exactly, she just want to see if you're good enough and if she does not...she will fucking do things to you to make you run. It's best if you stay anonymous from them."

"Am I not good enough for her?"

"You are, you are everything to me, the very reason why you are not meeting her. She is dangerous, and she likes to know everything."

I was at a loss for words "You never tell me about her, and you never tell me about your childhood. I know I've lost my memories; you know everything about me, and I feel as if I don't even know my own husband. Why?"

"Because."

"Because what?" I question him.

"Because I don't fucking want to Angelos." I back away from the tone, he releases a sigh.

"I'm going to give you some time to yourself, don't you ever swear at me again. I am not your friend; I am your wife." I speak, stepping out of the shower. I grab onto the robe from the hook and throw it over my naked body.