Chapter Twenty-Two | Van Delo

THIS CHAPTER IS A MEMORY OF THEIR PAST RELATIONSHIP BEFORE THE CAR ACCIDENT! THE BUTTERFLIES MEAN SCENE CHANGES! A DIFFERENT MEMORY!

JUST TO CLEAR UP ANY CONFUSION!

A L E X A N D R A | P O V 

Walking down the park, in these tight heels were not the one for me. I had a stupid library meeting and now on my way home, watch my mother give me a lecture for being an hour late even though I was at work.

I was falling asleep until I feel someone grab onto the handle of my bag whilst passing by me, my body turns into defence mode, and I try to fight him for my bag-it has nothing inside it.

"Hey!" I yell loudly to grasp someone's attention. The man pushes me against the wall, I groan in pain. I see a huge shadow towering behind him, grabbing my bag and throwing him to the side.

"Touch her again and I'll fucking kill you." He whispers.

Well. If it is not Ares Nicolaides.

"S-S-Sorry Diávolos..."He stutters on his words before stumbling down the alley.

I stand up, ripping my bag from Ares grasps.

He takes the cigarette out from his mouth and walks back to the wooden chair, taking a seat. "Took you long enough." I mumble.

"Normally people say, 'thank you'. It's called having basic fucking manners, Jones." He throws the cigarette into the drain.

"Sorry, that was a bit rude. Thank you Nicolaides." I slither out through gritted teeth; I hate this man with every inch of me and I know he hates me too. I still to this day do not understand how he-is related to Joey.

"You owe me one Jones." He continues to examine me as if I were a food menu for his liking.

"And what do I owe you?" I scoff out.

"A kiss." The laughter that left my mouth was unbearable, he really thinks I am just going to kiss him like that. Why not give a little tease tester? I walk towards him; his legs were spread out and his arms rested on the back of the bench. I come in-between his legs, my finger lifting his jaw for his nose to brush against mine.

My lips hover over his for a while, he tries to snatch his kiss but I back away gently. "I will never-in my life kiss a man like you." I push a lock of his hair away from his forehead, before pulling myself away and walking towards my home. I look back and see a spinster smile spread across his lips.

"We'll see about that Jones...we'll see."

🦋🦋🦋

I thought that today was a good day to paint, I set up my canvas on the school grounds. This canvas was expensive, half my money went towards it and painting supplies.

I hear a loud car park up from behind me, I turn back and see-Nicolaides. That piece of shit. I watch him exit the car holding a wallet of some sort. What one earth is he doing here? Is he stalking me?

I turn away and plug in my headphones, feeling the grass against my thighs. The artwork I am doing now looks amazing, I know Mrs Coffee would love this.

Suddenly, an apple is splat against my canvas causing a tear and ruin my artwork. My head snaps to Nicolaides and I watch as guilt treads along his features, that little-I stand up angrily and storm towards him. Not thinking about what I would say to him, once I reach him. I look up and stare into his eyes.

My arms fold against my chest, "You owe me a new canvas." I tell him.

"You owe me a kiss, I guess we don't always get what we want Jones." My nostrils flare.